Tuesday, March 13, 2007
The Top 12 Sing
Time for the Top 12 to sing. God, did it take FOREVER to get to this point??

Interesting that they didn't showcase Taylor in their opening sequence. Ah, well, I still loves my Taylor Hicks.

Ryan looks decent in his suit. He always looks too scruffy to me, though.

Diana Ross songs tonight. She met with the singers to help coach them. Her hair is HUGE!

First up is...

Brandon Rogers singing "Can't Hurry Love." Nervous around DR. I like his shirt. He has a pretty good stage presence. A couple of cracks of his voice and he forgot a couple of words, but I think he did decent. A tad on the blah side, but I like Brandon better than a few of the others. I say let him stay another week.
7/10

Ryan and Simon go at it...at one point, Ryan said, "Stay out of my closet!" and Simon said, "Come out!" HILARIOUS!

Melinda Doolittle singing "I'm Home." (I think?) Melinda is just such a good singer, but I don't always like her song choice. Tonight, she is awesome again. With a capital A. She just has an oddly large head and very little neck. It's strange.
9 1/2 out of 10

Chris Sligh sings "Endless Love." He lost me as a fan a while back. Oh, he's not wearing his glasses and I think he looks better WITH. He changed up the song and he rushed his lyrics. Some not so good moments during that song. I didn't like it much. (Randy was right when he said it sounded like a particular Coldplay song, I just can't remember which one.) They really have to do something with his helmet of hair.
4 1/2 out of 10

Gina Glocksen sings "Love Child." She has a screechy sound to her voice on the higher notes and when she tries to get louder. It was ok. Eh, not my favorite.
5/10

Sanjaya Malakar sings "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". Ok, they've kind of made Sanjaya look like...Shirley Temple tonight! Why??? It reminds me of the Sucky Bucky hair debacle of 2006! *sigh* Sanjaya needs to go. Even Chicken Little was able to project his decent voice last year. I just didn't like Sanjaya's performance. It was weak and soft and...uh..just...uh...And the discussion after was just uncomfortable. Let's move along now...
3/10

Haley Scarnato sings "Missing You." She starts out too whispery. She's holding the mic all up in her grill. (hee hee) A bad song choice for Haley. She sounded pretty bad through the entire song. She forgot her lyrics, too. She has an ugly dress on, too. The judges will rip her for this one. The song, not the dress. What??? Simon thought she did well and had a real presence. What?? I'm shocked. She must be doing him. What? Did I say that out loud?
3/10

Ryan's nana makes an appearance in the audience. She's cute.

Phil Stacey sings a song I didn't catch the title to. At least he doesn't have a dorky hat on tonight. Phil reminds me of the "bat boy" that used to be on the cover of that really bad tabloid magazine, "World News." (or something like that.) He just has a weird look about him. Ok, on to the singing. I guess I am just jaded this year. I didn't think it was that great, but at least it was better than most of the others. He hit a couple of bad notes, but it was ok. He did better than last week, for sure.
7/10

Lakisha Jones sings "God Bless the Child." Lakisha looks so very pretty tonight in her white gown and simple hair. An AWESOME performance! She didn't over sing at all. I think I even liked her a little more than Melinda.
9 3/4 out of 10

Blake Lewis sings "You Keep Me Hanging On." The worst Blake performance yet. I didn't like it.
5/10

Stephanie Edwards sings "Love Hangover." I love her dress. It looks great on her. I liked her performance, though judges were a little cool about it. Stephanie is one of the top in my opinion.
8/10

Chris Richardson sings "The Boss." I think he kind of gets worse every week. I didn't like it.
4/10

Jordin Sparks sings "If We Hold On Together." I just love Jordin. She is so darn cute! I think she did a great job on the song, though I think it wasn't the greatest choice of song. I love Jordin. Simon called it gooey. :) He's funny tonight.
8/10

Ok, my favorites for the night: Lakisha, Jordin, Melinda and Stephanie
The worst: Sanjaya and Haley followed by the Chrises.

See ya tomorrow for the results.

Labels: ,

posted by Angie @ 7:58 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We're mostly in agreement.
    Chris Richardson--I have never been a fan of his and he reinforced my opinion again last night. I didn't like it at all.
    Stephanie---I thought she was terrible. the song was bigger than her and she didn't pull it off.
    Haley--Could have been better, yes. But I don't think it was that bad. In spots, she sounded great. I give her third or fourth best vocals on the night. And the dress was bad.
    Sanjaya sucked eggs. Sunshine would have blown that song out. He needs to go.

    Well, we'll see what happens tonight!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No guts?

    At least I picked someone to go home (I may be wrong, but at least i did it)

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    As I read this two days after you posted I think the wrong person was sent home, I noticed how Simon was nice to Haley even though she sucked. She has to make top 10 in order to be a part of the tour and she will get there is Simon can help it. They are banking more on her than Sanjaya.

    Sanjaya is not that bad, apparently more than one likes him but he's days are numbered, the girls are just too good this year.

    Also my home town girl advances to the next show. Who's she you asked? Joridin of course.

    The showdown will be Melinda vs. Lakisha. I hope she doesn't want us to call her Kiki, that's a dumb name for a celebrity.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives