Sunday, November 14, 2004
The One That Rambles and Explains the Title
Why is it that I can think of 35 things to write about all day long when I am not here? Then, I sit staring blankly at an empty new post space....blink....blink blink....

My latest musical obsession...Gavin DeGraw. I must listen to his live songs on vh1.com every night. "Just Friends," "Follow Through," "Get Lost." He is to die for along with my Maroon 5, my Davey (Matthews, of the Dave Matthews Band fame, you may have heard of him), and my Robbie (Thomas of another little group you may have heard of, Matchbox twenty). Sadly, I do not have Gavin DeGraw's cd. (Bubba-ump...you listening??) When we get our new computer, hopefully at the first of the year, I will be salivating for an iPod!! I likes me music.

What does Ficken Chingers mean, you ask? I shall enlighten the masses. Mass. The one person reading this. One night the whole fam damily went to Steak & Shake. Home of the side by side milk shake, don't ya know. We had asked Tater Tot, the 3 year old daughter, what she wanted to eat. She chose chicken fingers. We waited for the waitress. (waited for the waitress...there is something wrong with that sentence, it seems) Right before she came to take our order, we asked TT again what she wanted. "I WANT FICKEN CHINGERS!" We all stopped, then burst into gales of laughter. She had no idea what she had even said. So, now of course we call all chicken fingers, Ficken Chingers. Sounds almost dirty, doesn't it?? And that, my friends, is the story behind the name. It was that or something so creative as....My Blog, or Angie's World. Whee...

I should warn you all now, I like to use the "dot dot dot." A lot. Annoying? Most likely. But it is a habit I cannot break. (80's song alert...I'm addicted to you baby, you're a hard habit to break...)

Cast of characters--my husband of 14 years is Bubba-ump. 13 year old daughter is Guard Girl (or GG). 3 year old daughter is Tater Tot (or TT). 1 1/2 year old son is Biggens (or little big or bubby, not sure yet of his name assignment). There will be a test on this.

Since it is now after 3am and I have managed to ramble a while, I should probably go to bed.

Now if I could only figure out how to add photos and fun stuff to this blog, all would be right with the world.

Nighty 'night.






posted by Angie @ 3:24 AM  
41 Comments:
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ficken means f*ck in german...

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger tian said…

    Chinger(s) is used to referring to Chinese who want to be more "black". ie. Chinese + nigger.

    It is also a derogatory alternative to the term "chink".

    In case you did not know.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Janice @ Mom On The Run said…

    LOL - my dad always transferred the lettering around too - we sat on a festerchield and ate scutterbotch icecream :)

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Anj, I'm a dot-dot-dot-dotter too, as you may have noticed when you read my blog. Thanks for stopping by. I agree that Stephanie should still be on Survivor, I really wanted her to win. We part company on Constantine, though. I thought he was a good singer (just not the last night).

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Maddie said…

    dot dot dotter here...
    Like your bloggie :)

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    I kind of figured that this was a childs view of Checken Fingers! Very Very Cute!

    Thanks for the visit, Angie...and I'm glad I came on over to see you, too!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Michelle at usr-bin-mom.com said…

    I bet most mommies knew right off what a Ficken Chinger was. ;) The one we had when I was growing up was "Muk and chikum!" I guess that was my favorite food. ;)

    From the things you always never wondered about dept., a (...) is called an ellipsis. :)

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for interesting article.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    7ICXDr You have a talant! Write more!

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    VCqhAR actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

     
  • At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ay45zp The best blog you have!

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dnyCd1 Good job!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks to author.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Magnific!

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Magnific!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please write anything else!

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks to author.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks to author.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello all!

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wKJkC3 write more, thanks.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful blog.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks to author.

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Magnific!

     
  • At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks to author.

     
  • At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

     
  • At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Magnific!

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks to author.

     
  • At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello all!

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please write anything else!

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks to author.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Magnific!

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please write anything else!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Magnific!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives