Sunday, February 25, 2007
16 Candles
Today, I became the mother of a 16 year old. It's a very weird feeling. I remember Brianna as a baby almost like it was yesterday, yet when I think about it, 16 years does seem like so long ago.

February 25th, 1991 started with me and Bubba heading to the hospital for a stress test. Well, I was the one being tested, not Bubba, but you get it. ANYway, I was 15 days past my due date but that really didn't bother me. I was a tad scared of labor and pain and all that and I was loving being pregnant so 15 days was no big deal to me. Long story short, there appeared to be a little stress on the baby so they kept me and induced labor. Basically, it didn't work, so they decided on a c-section.

At 9:58pm, Brianna Kaitlyn was born and life was never the same.
My doctor introducing Brianna to the family.


Absolutely nothing we did would wake her for this photo.


Is this a cute face or what?


EAT THE CAKE! (as you can see, she wanted NO PART of that cake on her 1st birthday.)


Finally, here she is now in her Sweetheart Ball photo and with her cute little cake today.




Brianna was a great baby, a great little kid and now she is a pretty great teen. Yeah she's mouthy and moody, but otherwise, we don't have any problems with her. Her teachers like her, she has lots of friends, she stays out of trouble and she is excelling in school. What more could parents ask?

Happy birthday, Brianna!! We love you!

~~I put a few more old photos up on flickr if you wanna go look.

Labels: , ,

posted by Angie @ 7:38 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    You have a lovely daughter in Brianna. Please let me wish her a very Happy 16th Birthday.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, Happy Birthday Brianna!

    I remember stopping by here last year for her birthday. I wish I had some of that cake... :o)

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    Yeah, happy birthday Brianna!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger choochoo said…

    oh, I love that baby-picture with the little, white ribbon. That is so cute:)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives