Thursday, August 17, 2006
Someone just ripped my heart out of my chest, stomped on it and left it in the middle of the road....
First day of kindergarten. That's my Tater Tot. Wasn't she just sucking a pacifier yesterday?? She can't possibly be 5 years old! She can't be ready for school! I am not ready for her to be ready. She was excited though. I'm pretty sure she was oblivious to us leaving. One thing, though. She is an AMAZON girl compared to all the other kids in her class. I mean, she JUST turned 5 seventeen days ago and she TOWERS over the other kids. She's HUGE! It was kind of funny to see, actually. The doctor did tell us that she is very tall for her age.



















See?? She WAS just sucking a pacifier!!


I did manage to make it outside the school building before bursting into tears so that was a plus. Bubba, Baby J and I went to breakfast right after. While waiting for our food, Bubba asked Baby J what he was going to do without sissy today..stuff like that. He wouldn't say a word..but his little eyes were all welled up with tears. Broke my heart, I tell ya. (cue round two of tears for mommy.) He was truly sad because his sister wouldn't be home with him every day all day. They've been together every day since he came home from the hospital so this is a big adjustment for him.

If anyone needs me before 2:30..I'll be cowering under the covers in my bed, crying.


Baby J wouldn't get out of the way.



Around this time was when the heart ripping began.
posted by Angie @ 11:27 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an adorable tater tot :)

    Congratulations to the big girl on her first day of school!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, Mommy you're gonna be fine.

    OOh,,, BB7 is on.. gotta go concentrate, I haven't been catching the live feeds since out internet service sucks lately.

    Love you! Glad your bloggin!

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SHe's DARLING! OMG! I know how you feel. My baby girl started K last year. She was the tallest, biggest one there. Too funny.

    Great pics. You MUST get one of these, too, if you don't have something similar already!

    http://www.abbeypress.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_31477

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger smizzo said…

    Aww, she is so cute and she looks SO happy! Did she have a good day?

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Awww, how darn cute are those little pony tails!!! Tater looks like school will be a breeze for her. It will take a few days but YOU will adjust, LOL! Lyndsey was bigger than anyone in her Kindergarten class too. Come to think of it, shes larger than everyone in her 4th grade class! I dropped Isaac off today for his 2nd day of Headstart and he was the only kid, NOT crying for his/her Mommy. He was like, Later Mom! Thats when I cried!

     
  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said…

    time flies

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Jose said…

    I know how you feel, I have two granddaughters that were crawling all over my carpet not too long ago and last week they both started school. Indeed time flies.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This is my first visit to you and I'll be back for sure! You're little one is so cute!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives