Tuesday, March 14, 2006
The Top 12 Sing
2 hours of AI tonight. Why do I sit through this stuff?? Because I love it and I am a glutton for punishment...and I am trying not to eat..so I will watch it ALL!

Baby J just repeated each of their names and waved at each one as they came out on stage. I love my kids. :)

It's Stevie Wonder theme night..this should be interesting.

Ace--"Do I Do" Ok, my sister called and wouldn't stop talking so I pretty much didn't hear Ace's performance. I'm taping it, though. ??/25

Kellie--"Blame It On The Sun" I don't know this song but she sounds like Kellie singing a song. Boring. Wake me when it's over. OH.MY.HECK. STOP IT, KELLIE!!!!!! "They're not real tarantulas." 18/25

Elliott--"Knocks Me Off My Feet" Not the best song choice for Elliott but not as boring as Kellie. An ok performance for me. 20/25

Commercial...I gotta pee!

Ryan offers to remove Mandisa's shoes because they are killing her feet. An interesting moment...

Mandisa--"Don't You Worry About A thing" Another good Mandisa performance. Girl can sing ANYTHING! She blows the others out of the water so far. 22/25

Bucky--"Superstition" What is up with Bucky's hair???? Wow! Bubba said, "Beautiful hair! For a girl." I can't listen to him sing because I can't look away from his hair! It's like a Feria commercial or an ad for "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific." Simon told him "...the Jessica Simpson hair has got to go!" I love Simon. An ok performance as Bucky goes. I was scared that he might butcher the song, but he did alright. 19/25

Melissa--"Lately" Another boring performance. Not impressed with this performance by Melissa. Sounded very flat to me. 18/25

Lisa--"Signed Sealed Delivered" Peppy but some of her notes are flat. I like Lisa. She's cute and fun. Simon loved it. 21/25

Kevin--"Part Time Lover" Why, why, why do they keep playing up the sex symbol thing with Kevin? I just..wow..I don't even know..um..what to say... I don't know what to think. They way he moved across the stage was like he was trying to..um..hold something in. He is entertaining in a can't-look-away kind of way, but come ON! Kevin is getting on my last nerve. He isn't funny anymore. 16/25

Katharine--"Until You Come Back To Me" I LOVE Katharine! Great performance! I personally think she is up there with Mandisa. Katharine has fun and sings well. Not a flat note in the song. 23/25

Taylor--"Livin' for the City" Classic Taylor. He picks songs that are perfect for his voice. I loves me some Taylor! I love to watch him try to dance. Boy used that stage UP! I loved it. So entertaining! He is the most into the music than anyone I've seen. 24/25

Paris--"All I Do" I think Paris is a good singer, but there is something I can't put my finger on that bothers me with her voice. Hmm..just can't figure it out. She is so peppy, though. Fun to watch. 21/25

Chris--"Higher Ground" YES!! I LOVE CHRIS!! GREAT!! PERFECT song for him!!! I was scared to see what he might have to sing and this was AWESOME!! Excellent performance! I don't think I can use enough of these>>!!!!!! He entertains like no one else! He could SO be on the radio right NOW! 24 1/2 /25 (It's hard for me to give a 25/25, but he is sooo close!)

All in all, a really good week performance-wise. I'm off to vote for all my favorites. I can't wait to see how the results turn out tomorrow.

Oh wait! I forgot...
My top 3 of the night: Chris, Taylor, and Katharine
Bottom 3 of the night: Kevin, Melissa, and Kellie
Going home: Kevin (please, please, oh PLEASE!!)
posted by Angie @ 8:02 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger leighbee said…

    Help!! Rednecks are butchering Stevie Wonder songs!!!

    Especially the ones with the glorious manes :)

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay,, love that mcphee person,, taylor too,, the young kid who kept the sign from the little kids in the audience,, he's just way too confident in his little self,, trying to be a sex symbol,, cute way to go though bet he gets votes just for the confidence alone. I agree with you and Bubba,, couldn't look at the screen when the guy,, Bucky I think was singing,, the Jessica Simpson hair just freaked me out. Paris awesome, entertaining,, she'll geta contract even if she doesn't win just due to her energy, confidence and voice. Oh and the tarantula girl,, does she have a brain in there??!!

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy crap,, I love this song!! Higher Ground that is,, my husband would totally shake his head at me right now,, cause I am sitting here thinking,, wow, the bald guy's cute! LOL.

    No matter where we go or what we are watching somewhere I find a cute guy. He was talking to some guy when we were at the mall. A guy he's played softball against and after the guy leaves I say,, who's that honey? He explains who the guy is and I comment oh,, he's cute. LOL No worries,, he comments on the cute girls too.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey you know it's the first time I watched this season but that first guy that sang,, I missed his performance but doesn't he look like someone from last year that I joked had the same bad hair as me??? Or is it just my imagination.

    Oh,, let me go vote for the cute bald guy! Gotta finish getting ready for work,, later chickie!

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Angie. Hope I treat you well as a landlord :) I don't have any rules so party on

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger guppyman said…

    My review is up-

    It's Melissa's time to go tonight I think. America isn't as forgiving about messed up lyrics as the judges are....

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    yeah, kevin is bugging me with the whole sex symbol thing too

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Shelly said…

    Again, 100% agree. It's either Kvein (I hope) of Melissa going tonight. I was really distracted by Bucky's really clean hair too!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said…

    I see hubby visited your site...hee hee, ya'll are such Idol nerds. Luv ya both...hee hee. Hubby was all excited when I told him that you do the "live blogging" thing too! He also laughed at your url title "ficken chingers". Have fun guys.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger drawdawn said…

    Ugh, I missed Chris sing! I love Taylor and Katherine.

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pfffff, if kevin is a sex symbol - then nobody wants to have sex! ew eww ewwww

    and the saddest thing is kevin do has quite a big fanbase. grandpas & grandmas just love this kiddo a bit too much.

    shesh

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives