Thursday, March 02, 2006
American Idol--da boys Top 10
The boys definitely outshined the girls last night!

Taylor-Easy by The Commodores It's no secret, I loves me some Taylor! I thought his voice sounded so smooth even if it was not the all time greatest song choice. Though I think he did look very sharp, I wish he would dress just a little younger. Just because his hair is grey does not mean he is OLD! His body movements weren't as bad with this song, so that was good. I give him a 22/25.

Paula, please, just shut up.

Elliott--Moody's Mood For Love. VERY nice! He was so smooth. He gets better every week. Excellent performance. I give him a 23/25.

Ace--If I'm Not Made For You by Daniel Bedingfield. Bad hair. The whole "beanie" story was just silly. He started off so shakey and I think it got worse as the song went on. The thing sounded off-key to me. The song choice was not the best. His grimace is just scary and is he full of himself or what?? I give him a 17/25. Ace is quickly becoming like Constantine to me...annoying!

Gedeon--Change is Gonna Come Even though I think he should have picked a newer song I think he did very well. I'm not a huge Gedeon fan, but this week he was on it. He is definitely a performer. I give him a 22/25.

Kevin--I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye Poor little Kevin, he does have more confidence this week. Not a horrible performance but come on! He is not "the next American Idol!" He really shouldn't do a song like this, there just isn't enough "soul" in his voice. His "cuteness" will most likely carry him another week. I give him an 18/25.

Sway--Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder From the first note? Suckage. Plus, he had absolutely no enthusiasm while singing. Totally not worthy of a Stevie song. I just don't like Sway. And? I have to agree with what my girl LC when she says "Why can't his name just be Sway ???? How come we gotta have Jose first then "Sway" in quotes ????" Anyway, I give him a 16/25.

Will--Lady by Kenny Rogers. First, cut your hair kid. Or wash it. Or don't put so much product in it. Second? Pick a song that is not older than your MOM! Third, pick a song that is more upbeat and fits your personality. A 16 year old singing about his "Lady?" NOT happening for me. Plus, I'm pretty sure he didn't move for the first minute of the song. Like the girls...boring. I give him an 18/25.

Bucky--The Thunder Rolls by Garth Brooks. Not only does Bucky sucky, but he comes across as a complete doofus. Seriously! What was up with that interview clip about menus and food and losing weight and blah blah blah... Even though I think this was a much better song choice, it was like bad bar karaoke. I give him a 15/25.

David--The Way You Look Tonight(or something like that) by Frank Sinatra. The boy is a crooner. He can't sing anything else. He didn't have any kind of emotion with the song. Too young for a grown up song, anyway. He must go now. I give him a 16/25.

Chris--Hemmorhage by Fuel. As soon as I heard what song he was doing I knew he would ROCK!! He did! He is totally not my type but, YUM! He had the BEST performance of the night. Hello, Constantine, meet a REAL rocker! The judges loved him. A great performance to end the show. I give him a 24/25.

So, that was the boys. A much better time than the girls for sure.

Here is who I think should go home tonight...
Girls--Heather and Brenna. (but Kinnik may go)
Boys--David and Sway (but Will may go)

My top 3...
Girls--Mandisa, Ayla and Katharine
Boys--Chris, Taylor and Elliott

I'll be back, of course, with my round up of who goes home. I know, you all can't wait.
posted by Angie @ 7:30 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya know it's funny I don't watch American Idol but when I read about on peoples blogs all I seem to get out of it is that everyone thinks Paula should just shut the heck up!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    hhahahaha I think Paula was high or drunk or something. She was all glossy eyed and goofier then normal.

    Yeahhhh someone besides me likes Ayla :) That is cool although we do not agree totally ..lol It's all good though ..I really REALLY like Taylor too ...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives