| Friday, June 19, 2009
| It's Alive!! ALIIIVE!!
|Whoa. My blog has become an abysmal land of awful nothingness!! I'm needin' to change that! I'm hoping to get a blog make-over sometime soon to help me get back in the groove of writing more often. (If anyone out there wants to offer their assistance for a small-ish fee, let me know!) So very much has happened in the last few months and I haven't documented any of it. I feel guilty and sad and I hope to not let it happen again!
Some things which have happened in the last few months~~
I suppose those are the major points from the last few months. Otherwise, life is the same old thing. Sleep, work, eat, rinse and repeat.
- My baby finally learned to tie his dang shoes, ride his bike without training wheels, and finished kindergarten. He still cannot recite his phone number. Not sure how we're going to make THAT information stick to his brain. (Jameson: Um...2? Ummmm...8? 5? 7?)
- My oldest baby turned 18, graduated as valedictorian of her class, is headed to college and suddenly is no longer a child.
- The middle baby finished 2nd grade with all A's and hit no other major milestones, really, but she may have puked a few times in the past few months. She IS the family puker.
- My 20 year reunion continues to loom in the not too distant future. I haven't lost a pound. Whatever. Panic attack, here I come!
- Work is/has been stressful. I don't really want to talk about it. However, I am thankful to have my job. You know, I have to throw that in there lest I be perceived as an ungrateful B who doesn't deserve a job when so many others have lost theirs.
- We had a big graduation party for Brianna in May and I survived being around all those people without curling up in the fetal position in the corner. My back, however, decided to 'go out' by the end of the night and I could barely walk. That was fun! Also, Bubba and I had to stand at graduation so everyone could see the parents of the valedictorian. Imagine how fun that was for me. An entire auditorium staring at me. I have chosen to burn it from my memory.
- Without getting into specifics, my mom had some issues with her health, was hospitalized, went to a nursing home for some rehab, is now home and is better than she's been in at least 5 years!
As I'm sitting here trying to think of what's been going on as of late, I'm listening to the new Rob Thomas CD. It's not out yet, but via vh1.com and Rhapsody, you can listen before it's released. I am loving it. A lot. Rob Thomas continues to be one of my all-time favorites.
So, that's a brief update of life in our house. I'll leave you with a few photos.
Fun at the Children's Museum
Safari Dudes at the zoo
Graduation Party--AFTER the kids changed into play clothes
Dog In Trouble
|posted by Angie @ 8:47 PM