Friday, November 07, 2008
Nice. I love discussing these things first thing in the morning.
Something came on the news this morning about one of those "unnamed sources" bad mouthing Sarah Palin now that the presidential campaign is over.

My 7 year old daughter said, "Mommy, some people think Sarah Palin is stupid."

I explained to her that Sarah Palin is a very smart woman. I told her that in no way could she have become a mayor or governor and be stupid at the same time. I told her that people are mean. I told her that some people will say mean things so the candidate they like the most will win. I told her that none of the presidential candidates are stupid. That one can't be a governor or senator and be stupid. I said that everybody won't always agree with what the politicians say, but that in no way makes them stupid.

She said, "Wendy thinks Sarah Palin is stupid." (Wendy is the somewhat mean girl next door, who is 9.)

I told Braelyn that Wendy most likely heard that from her parents or other adults.

She said, "Uh huh! Yeah! Wendy said her mom and dad think Sarah Palin is stupid, too!"

I suggested that the next time Wendy mentioned something like that she should tell her that there is no way Sarah Palin could be stupid and be the Governor of a state or run for higher office for that matter.

I saw her wheels turning. She said, "Yeah! I will!"

THIS is exactly why politics and campaigns and mudslinging drives me up a wall. Kids are so impressionable.

I'm no feminist, but you'd better believe that my daughters know they are capable of succeeding in life.

Girl can wear herself some jeans and a Carhart! :)


PS read my No I Didn't post. It's all KINDS of fun and games!

Labels:

posted by Angie @ 7:55 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Good for you, Angie. I agree.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I explained to her that Sarah Palin is a very smart woman. I told her that in no way could she have become a mayor or governor and be stupid at the same time.

    I hate to be the one to say it, but the simple fact of the matter is you CAN be a complete idiot and rise in politics. Especially if you're on the right side of the spectrum; just memorize a few talking points, praise Jesus, and watch your fortunes SOAR as bagmen looking for a useful idiot sound you out.

    Palin is definitely telegenic, and as a Narcissist she's certainly enjoyed all the attention, but there is just about nothing in her history to point to her being a particularly intelligent person, and plenty pointing in the other direction.

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Oh my queen, now you've opened the flood gates of political experts randomly commenting on your blog. I feel so sorry for you.
    AI can't get here soon enough.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Thanks, jean-luc! :)

    Jolly Roger, I respect your opinion, if I don't agree at all. There really isn't anything I would ever say to convince someone like you, so I'll save it. But thanks for not being stupid about your argument.

    Oh, Drillah, like I said in my other post, I can take it. They are just faceless people on the internet! :) I refuse to NOT state my opinion if I so feel.

    One thing is for sure, Drill, AI time is near and I can't wait!:)

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The sad thing is, it cuts both ways. A kid told my 8-year-old Obama was going to make everyone bow down to a statue and that he wanted to kill babies.

    Sigh.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Brian, I hate that kind of stuff! Hate it. One thing is certain, no matter how I personally feel about Obama, my children do not hear me saying a bad word about any of it. My little children, anyway. My oldest is 17 years old, soon to be 18. She has her own opinions and we've talked about it a lot. I don't bad mouth but just state my feelings about things.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Salena said…

    Sarah Palin 2012!!!! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives