Sunday, September 28, 2008
Sunday Bullets 3
Because I can't be bothered to blog during the week, obviously, I'm indulging in bullets again. Here are some things I've seen, heard, thought and done lately.

  • I found this quite funny. There is just nothing out there that somebody won't do.
  • This make me giggle every time I see it. And it has nothing to do with me being a conservative. I just find the picture funny.
  • My friend Laura sent this picture to me as she knows I am a Sarah Palin fan. Laura's daughter Maybree must have different feelings.
  • It's never a bad time to watch this. No matter if people say it too much, that skit will always be funny!
  • THIS is for my fellow lovers of the 80s!
  • Vanilla Tootsie Rolls rock! I freely admit to sifting through my kids' parade and halloween candy and hording them for myself! What they don't know while they sleep will never hurt them.
  • Will Smith turned 40 this week. I was all, OMG he's getting old! Then I realized that I will be 38 in November. 40 isn't really old at all. Not. At. All. When I was 18, though, 40 was a senior citizen! 40 is the new 30 so I will really only be 28 in November. See how that works?
  • If you live in IN (or CO, FL, OH, PA or VA) you can only register to vote until next Monday. Otherwise, you are SOL on November 4th. Get registered!
  • Because a presidential candidate won't appear on a talk show I'm supposed to be all upset? I don't think so, Dave. I personally don't need or want to see any of the candidates on comedy talk shows. Some people around 'teh internets' were all, 'Oh hell yeah! Letterman rips McCain a new one! Rock ON!' Whatever, dudes. I'm over the trash talk. I'm now just counting down the days 'til the election.
  • Friday, I took the kids to their big sister's high school homecoming parade. They had a good time and got a little bit of candy. We were lucky enough to stand by a group of parents with kids who chose to stand about 4 feet into the street and the adults ran around picking up all the candy for their kids. AND, one of the parents practically tackled the people who were giving out Ice Pops. It was annoying and just..annoying. Bunch of mooches.
  • Friday night we went to the football game. We only stayed until after the half-time activities because it was windy and cold and mama didn't bring a jacket. I don't know about anyone else, but back in the 80s at my high school, homecoming was not a formal affair! It's just so weird to me that it has become so now. High heels and dresses that could pass for prom attire. Back in the day, the Queen and court candidates wore sweaters and jeans.
  • Saturday morning we were up bright and early for the Ball State homecoming parade. The kids got tons of candy. (and I've already picked out the vanilla tootsie rolls!)
And, I guess that's it for now. I'll try to do some actual blogging this week but I can't promise anything. Have a good week!

Labels:

posted by Angie @ 8:30 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    If you think 40 is old, I will actually qualify for Medicare in two months!!! Geeze, I hate it when that happens.
    I didn't even know they were making vanilla Tootsie Rolls. I am so there. Have a great week.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said…

    Perhaps if we write the Tootsie Roll people they will package just the vanilla tootsie rolls. I don't want to eat the lime or lemon ones dammit.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Vanilla Tootsie Rolls? Never heard of them. I must find.

    As for 40 being old... it's funny how one thinks thats old until you realize you're nearly that age. I will be 38 in May.

    Oh and Will looks damn good for an old man, doesn't he? :D

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    I certainly hope 40 isn't old!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives