Thursday, September 04, 2008
The QUEEN of irrelevant bloggers


I'm always a day late and a dollar short with EVERYTHING. Case in point, I JUST saw The Dark Knight this past Saturday. There isn't anything I can say about the movie that probably hasn't already been said, but guess what? I'm gonna say it anyway.

  • Heath Ledger? BRILLIANT. I know, everybody has already said this. But I can't help but to concur! I don't normally get all ga ga over someone's acting, but seriously mad brilliance.
  • There is entirely too little Joker in the movie.
  • Batman's voice is so over-the-top incredibly goofy that I had to stifle laughter every time he spoke.
  • While I like Maggie Gyllenhaal in general, I don't think she had ANY chemistry with Batman OR Harvey Dent. Or should I say, Christian Bale and Aaron Eckhart. I didn't buy the 'torn between two lovers' thing.
  • I found the Two-Face storyline rushed and also unnecessary.
  • There was really only one scene which I thought dragged a little. Otherwise, I didn't notice the length of the movie.
  • I totally want to see the movie again. And again. If for nothing else than the Joker scenes.
See the movie. It's awesome.

I could TOTALLY be a movie reviewer!

posted by Angie @ 7:43 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Joyce said…

    Girl, are you inside my head? Those are the exact things I thought about the movie. Heath was awesome, Maggie, eh, not so much - in this movie anyway, and Batman's voice bugged me the whole movie through. I also didn't think he was a good choice for Batman. The Joker MADE the movie for sure. And now my husband has it as his background on his MySpace page.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    I have yet to see this brilliant piece of American Cinema.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    joyce, we are sisters separated at birth...a few years apart. lol
    Wait, your husband has a MySpace? That is awesome!

    jose, I'm telling everyone to see it, but ya know, if Batman movies aren't your forte, I guess maybe you wouldn't like it. I generally don't get worked up over movies like this, but Heath! I love Heath! I HAD to see him as the Joker. It was worth my $5 and then some!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    I saw the movie this week as well. The Joker really was creepy. A well made film.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives