Saturday, September 13, 2008
Beyond ridiculous
I'm a simple girl. I don't wear heels. (they hurt!) I don't wear much jewelry. (too poor!) I think the trend of expensive shoes/purses/jeans etc. is stupid. If I can't get it for a cheap price at Wal-Mart or some place similar, I don't buy it. I don't buy expensive make-up or hair products. I don't get nails put on or my hair colored. (I know. Poor Bubba! lol)

Same with my kids. They each look nice in what they wear, but I certainly don't go to great lengths to clothe them in crazy expensive designer labels. While my kids may find that cruel at some point, that is the way it is.

I find some kids' obsession with 'things' at young ages to be very sad. So many parents are raising spoiled brats and little girls who think they deserve everything they want because they are PRINCESSES and I want it now and I want a golden egg, daddy! Veruca Salt, all of them! Of course, there is nothing I can do about other people's children, so I just try to keep my kids grounded and appreciative of what they do have.

Earlier, I was looking for something else online and came across probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen in at LEAST a week! (Let's face it, there is a lot of ridiculous stuff out there, right?)

I'm, as usual, coming in late with this, but look at these...



Those are called, "Heelarious," tagline "Her first high heels." And they are for babies. And it's not a joke. And real mothers are putting these on real babies. Not for Halloween. And they cost $35!

Who can I smack?

I don't usually get on my high horse about things. But this is annoying me in so many different ways, I can hardly stand it.

To see more about these shoes, go HERE for their home page or HERE and HERE for a couple of news stories.

Before you start beating me up in the comments, I do find these funny. Mostly, funny looking. Perhaps even acceptable as a gag gift. Otherwise, ridiculous.
posted by Angie @ 4:53 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Willow said…

    Amen!

    And if I saw "juicy" on the back of a diaper, I'd probably think it was speaking about the contents. *snicker*

    Let's start 'em being spoiled Bridezillas and ho's before they're a year old!

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just saw these on the news today as I was sitting in the nail salon getting my {ahem,, lol} pedicure.

    :)

    Totally thought it was ridiculous. Considering I go to get my feet done about 3 times a year though I think you will forgive me (you'll forgive me for that much sooner than ordering the new laptop won't ya). The rest of the gals in the salon (oh and a few men as well) were there getting there mani-pedies all done up. They knew all the workers by name.

    I've been there twice and don't know anyones name. I am sooo not a princess. Don't wear brand names, ok,, so I have a thing for handbags. But I refuse to pay $100's for them.

    Bottom line,, heels for babies,, stupid.

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Ya can't fix stupid.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    They want to make girls grow up faster nowadays.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives