Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I didn't get tagged
MissZoot got tagged and since I visit her blog like a stalker, I thought I would steal this meme for my own self. Tagged or not. Here are the "rules"-List one fact, word or tidbit that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your first or middle name (or both, like me). You can theme it to your blog or make it general. Then tag one person for each letter of your name. For the record, I'm not tagging anyone to do this. I LIKE my blog friends. hee


A:Acrophobia Fear of heights. I have an extreme fear of heights. Just the THOUGHT of being someplace up high makes my stomach turn flip flops and my knees go weak. Luckily, I have no need to EVER be anyplace high.

N:Nostalgic Wow, am I ever nostalgic. I reminisce a LOT. I love to look at old photos, listen to old music, watch old movies. Now, when I say "old" I mean from my lifetime. 70s, 80s, 90s. I have wonderful memories that just make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I don't live in the past, but sometimes I do long for some of those days.

G:Gary Sinise My most favorite actor EVER. If you ask me why, I won't really be able to put my finger on just why I love him so much. A few of my favorite roles include Gary as George in 'Of Mice And Men,' 'Mother' in 'A Midnight Clear,' Stu Redman in 'The Stand' and, of course, Lt Dan in "Forrest Gump.' I long to go to Chicago to seem him perform in a play at the Steppenwolf Theater which he co-founded years ago. Someday.

E:Emotional Moody. Whatever. I cry easily. I get mad easily. I get annoyed easily. I laugh easily. Some say it's called being a woman. Perhaps. But I embrace my emotional tendencies. Everyone else should, too.

L:Late I am perpetually running late. Bubba hates it. I try to fix it. Now, I may run behind, however, I am usually not late for work. I've only had ONE warning at work in the 8 years I've worked there. I think that's pretty decent. Bubba says, get up 5 minutes earlier. I say if I did, I'd use up those 5 minutes anyway and STILL run late. My mom was exactly like this when she was in the working world. My sisters are the same way. It's genetic.

A:Associates Degree I earned a degree in Medical Assisting back in '96.I really like medical "stuff," however, I didn't much care for doing work that so closely resembles nursing. I much more enjoyed the more clerical part of the medical office. So now, I work in client services in a medical lab. Close enough. I like it and it pays pretty well. I guess that's all that matters.

D:Duran Duran/Dave Matthews Band My two favorites of all time. I still have mad love for Duran Duran. They were really my first true band love and I could never break up with them. I don't love every song they ever produce, but I have to love them for their 80s catalog. Plus? John Taylor is still freakin' HOT! Now, my DMB love doesn't go back as far, of course, because they haven't been around since the early 80s, but I probably love them even more than my DD. I love the lyrics, the music, the musicians. And Dave is sexy.

I:Indiana I'm an Indiana girl, born and raised. I love Indiana and the city in which I live. I can't imagine living anywhere else. Well, except Tennessee, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

A:Anti-social Don't get me wrong, I WILL go out and about if I have to. And of course I have to work. But, if given the choice, I would rather stay home in the comfort and safety that is my home. I have not always been this way. It has developed over time and I try, I really do. I try to force myself to go out and do things. It's better if someone is with me. Namely, Bubba. I have this weird thing where I think if someone else is with me, then everyone won't be looking at ME and thinking mean things about the fat lady with bad hair and ugly clothes. Wow. I am making it sound worse than it is. I DO go places. I just prefer not to go to the grocery store alone if I don't have to. I prefer to not go to school functions alone. Funny thing? I go to the movies alone on occasion. How weird is that?

N:November I was born in November. I'm a Sagittarius. I have no idea what that might mean as I don't really believe in that whole astrology thing. Every few years, my birthday falls on Thanksgiving. I'll be 37 in 11 days. I don't like having a big deal made over my birthday. Just the kids saying, "Happy Birthday!" is enough for me. I don't even mind if I get presents or not. Though, if you *cough*Bubba*cough* were to give me the Friday Night Lights first season on DVD, I wouldn't refuse it.

E:Entertainment I love the pop culture. I love TV and movies and music and celebrity gossip. Guilty pleasures, all. But, I think you knew that.

Labels: ,

posted by Angie @ 5:50 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! Your birthday's 2 days before mine :D I can tell you one thing about Sagittarians, they love to learn, to acquire new skills, to better themselves through knowledge. So invariably, Sagittarians are bookworms. Sound like you? :)

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! (I'm notoriously bad about forgetting stuff)

    I would TOTALLY have used Gary Sinise and anti-social for the A & G in my name. If I had a G in my first or middle name, that is. I DO have one in my last name. Sort of. Depending on which last name I use.
    *teehee*

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    My Birthday is the 20th which make me a Scorpio, for whatever that's worth.
    As you have seen from my blog, I like to reminisce myself. I just have a larger timeframe work with.
    Born in 46 makes me a first wave Boomer, a teen in the sixties gives me access to the Flower Children, a young man in the seventies means that I witnessed Watergate events, and now I'm a grandpa and I think I like this part the best.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    We all like Lt. Dan!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives