Sunday, November 11, 2007
I survived Bubba's time away--Or How I Spent My November Vacation
"I could not be a single mother."

That is what I told Bubba on the phone a few days ago while he was out of town. Yes, I am somewhat dramatic at times, but I was dead serious when I said it. In reality, well, I COULD be a single mother, I just wouldn't like it much. Same goes for being a stay-at-home mom. Uh-uh. Not for me.

Much to Bubba's surprise, we all survived Mommy having to take care of things. I cooked. Perhaps they were simple meals, but I did cook. I kept the house fairly clean. I did laundry. I got the kids to and from school on time. I even bathed them every day. (thank goodness Brianna can take care of herself. hee) We managed just fine, thank you.

I did miss Bubba like crazy. We haven't been away from each other for a whole week in quite a while. I think Brianna was about 3 years old the last time. I went on vacation with my parents and sisters that year to North Carolina. It was the same year as the OJ Simpson Murder thing. We watched the Bronco chase on tv.

Anyway, nothing much happened during the whole week he was gone. He got home Friday morning at around 11-ish so he got to surprise the kids when we picked them up from school. Jameson came RUNNING and Bubba had to fight the tears. He's such a softie. When we picked Braelyn up, Jameson and I went up to the doors to get her. She said, "When is Daddy going to be home?" I said, "I don't know. Hopefully soon!" We walked back to the van and it took her a couple of seconds to realize Bubba was sitting inside. She was just as excited as Jameson.

Friday night, we ate out at Ryan's. I was very good despite all the bad-for-me stuff on the buffet. I did, however, splurge and had one of their delicious buttery rolls. Mmmm....

Why am I giving you a play-by-play? Jeez...boring.

Oh, but thank goodness Bubba came home when he did. Jameson saw a mouse in the laundry room and we've now caught 2 mice. Yuck! I do NOT do mousetraps. I'd just move.

Labels: ,

posted by Angie @ 1:25 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    I have no doubt that you would handle single-motherhood just fine...but yeah, it SUCKS ASS.

    Glad Bubba made it home okay! :D
    xoxox

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting to know.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives