Tuesday, November 06, 2007
The mom?
I think I mentioned at some point that Bubba would be out of town all week. That means that I had to take the week off work to actually do all the stuff he does..like raise our children. Er..I mean, take the kids to and from school, do laundry, and *GASP!*....COOK!

Bubba is Mr. Social Butterfly wherever he goes. Everybody remembers him or already knows him or soon will. He was like that in high school, too. While I did have my own set of friends back then, EVERYBODY else knew me as "Bubba's girlfriend" or "Bubba's lady" or the MOST excellent and highly feminine, "Bubba-ette." (I'm not even kidding.) For as long as we've been married, (17 years) I've pretty much been known as "Bubba's wife." Sure, some people that know him actually remember my name, but I am pretty much forgettable and/or invisible everywhere I go. (I think that is why I am sort of outgoing on my blog and MySpace and stuff, but that is a different post.)

Bubba does the volunteering at the kids' schools because I work during the day. He's, of course, in his element and all the other parents know him and love him. At Jameson's school, he's the ONLY male volunteer. All the moms are jealous and in awe and "ha ha ha, I wish MY husband was like you!" and "Boy, your wife is lucky!" When we went to the fall festival a few weeks ago, several of those moms saw me and said things like, "Oh, so you're the lucky one!"

Today, I went in to pick up Jameson (and I looked like holy crapoly) and I was standing there waiting for him to get his backpack and coat. As I stood, I saw one of the other moms looking at me. She then pointed at me and said to Jameson's teacher, "The mom?" What the heck? Rude! The teacher confirmed and the mom said, "Oh, I just always see Bubba." Still not addressing me. Rude. And then she walked out of the class.

I probably wouldn't have minded all that much had she not been one of the ones who met me at the fall festival.

Was that rude? Am I being too sensitive? Gah...I guess I should have just said, "Listen, be-otch, I have a name!" But, that is just not me.

Labels:

posted by Angie @ 1:26 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Bubba is a busy man!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I woulda totally walked up to her and said "Yes as a matter of fact, I AM his mom. I know I met you the other night but I'm sorry, I'm pulling a complete blank on who you might be...?"

    Sweetly of course.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Angie, I've got a new Thursday Thirteen up. Stop by and say, Hey!

    You could have asked her if her child was in that same class last year.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    That bitch. I run into her type at my kids school too, always in jeans or pants, nice shirt and MAKEUP (wtf?) Im in sweats, no bra and hair bound up with what ever round stretchy thing I can find. No make-up. No way. They are they ones who dont have to pay on field trips because they are on the "volunteer list" I hate those garden utensils.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives