Friday, November 09, 2007
Where were you when...
Yet another idea stolen from Snarkwife. I'm a little blank for content today so I went looking for something to write about.

If you're old enough, you remember where you were when JFK was shot. Unless you live in a cave with no tv or radio or internet, you remember exactly what you were doing on 9-11. Do you remember where you were or what you were doing when these other historical events happened?

~~When Ronald Reagan was shot?

I was in the fourth grade and I THINK we were on spring break. I remember laying on the couch at my grandma's house in TN watching the footage. I remember being aware of what was going on, and being intrigued with the weird guy they arrested, but not much else.

~~When the Challenger Exploded?

I was in freshman algebra in high school. Mr Bartlett was my teacher and I remember the teacher from the class next door coming in to tell Mr. B who relayed it to us. We didn't have TVs to watch so we relied on the teachers to keep us informed during the day. I remember watching it over and over on the news and seeing that same smoky formation and just being incredibly sad. EVERYONE knew who Christa McAuliffe was, of course. I remember thinking that she was probably a really cool teacher.

~~When the Persian Gulf War began?

I was 8+ months pregnant and I was getting my hair cut and permed. The radio was on in the salon when the "official announcement" was made. I remember laying in bed a lot of nights watching the news footage.

~~During the Rodney King riots?

I was a new mother. I think Brianna was just a couple of months old, if that. I just remember watching all the footage in awe.

~~The Waco, Texas standoff?

I was at home with my two-year-old and also my 6 week old niece for whom I babysat every day. I watched it all unfold on the news, of course. I just remember thinking how very bizarre it all was.

With the way news coverage has changed over the years, can you IMAGINE what it would have been like if these things had happened after 2001?

Labels:

posted by Angie @ 8:24 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives