Sunday, November 11, 2007
I heart food.
I know, that is no surprise. But it's true. I do love me some food. BAD food. I would like nothing more, right now, than to sit down with 3 or 4 different junk foods and just eat my way into oblivion.

Things have changed, though, since I began working on lifestyle improvements back in October. Ha ha. That means, I'm on a diet. And it is working. Slowly. Mainly because my obsession with all things food has not gone away. I STILL obsess about what I will eat next, it's just that what I'm going to eat next is healthy and possibly full of fiber and little fat.

Now, for those of you unfamiliar with the Weight Watchers plan, it involves a system of points. Depending on your weight, age, sex and level of activity,(as opposed to level of sexual activity) you get a certain amount of points daily. Each food that you eat will cost you points. There is a points calculator slide thingie that you get when you join and points are calculated using fiber grams, fat grams and calories. Also, each "natural" food such as veggies and fruits and proteins are listed in a food guide. Anyway, this system works best for me because if I really want something fattening, I can count the points and move on. Craving fulfilled. It makes me think twice about wasting lots of points on something like a small doughnut.

Now, I am always on a quest to find something that is low in points but which tastes good. My daughter and I found just that in Mrs. Freshley's Snack Away cakes. I mean they are teh yum! They are high fiber and less sugar and 2 or 3 points per. I am perfectly willing to save 2 points for the end of the day to enjoy one of these luscious cakes. And when I say enjoy, I mean, ENJOY. I "mmmmm" my way through them every time.
These are way good and taste pretty close to Hostess Cupcakes.


Brianna likes these better than a "real" twinkie. They ARE pretty dang good, though if you don't eat them quickly, they tend to start molding. How THAT happened is beyond me.
Imagine my disappointment the day I grabbed one and opened it and there was a big green mold spot growing on it! It was very hard to throw that scrumptious cake in the trash can.

The drawback of the Mrs. Freshley's is the cost. They are a tad pricey for our budget. Cut to last week when Brianna went to the store to pick up a few things. She came home excited because she found these...
They are half the cost and as Brianna pointed out, there are more in a box than the others.

A little later, Brianna came in and said, "Mom, look." She was holding one of the Little Debbie Triple Fudge Brownies in her hand. I immediately busted out laughing! No wonder there are more in one box. They are teeny tiny! Well, I call this teeny tiny.



See, my problem is, my brain needs to think it is getting a LOT of food. So, I am much better off eating a cupcake as opposed to the teeny tiny triple fudge for the same points amount. I have to fool my brain so I don't want more, more, more.

Now, for those of you who feel my pain and relate to my plight, I've added a donate button in the side bar to fund my Mrs. Freshley's habit. Please send $$!

ha ha. Just kidding.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Angie @ 6:05 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Visiting from Michele's! I've been thinking long and hard about going back to WW again because it sure worked the first time I went (stopped at 30 pounds but needed to lose 80). Of course I say this and in about an hour I'll be eating at a fantastic Cajun & Creole restaurant...then to a movie. Lord give me strength. Ok lord give me strength tomorrow :o)

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Weight Watchers also sells ice cream bars. They are worth one 1-2 points each and are wonderful.
    They come in chocolate, which tastes like a fudge cicle, one that is vinilla/orange like a dream cicle, and vinilla/rasberry.
    I found them in the freezer section of a Wal-Mart supercenter.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives