Saturday, May 12, 2007
Inspiration
The kindergartener's homework was to write two sentences about your mom or things you like to do with your mom. Also, there was a spot to draw a picture. One of the sentences said, "We like to watch American Idol." That by itself is not so bad. Because, yes. Yes we DO in fact like to watch American Idol. But the picture.

"Look mommy, it's you at the computer!"

Oh, yes, nice.

Cry.

I think I feel kind of like my mom did when I was in pre-school and we had to do something similar. I said, "My mom cooks green beans and watches her stories." Mom was mortified. Hey, at least I threw a green vegetable in there.

Guilted Inspired by that little illustration, I took the kids for a walk last night. OUTSIDE! In the fresh air! We have a trail called "Cardinal Greenway" that runs practically right by our front door. We never use it. So we got on the trail and walked for about a half hour or so. The kids had a blast and kept asking me if we were in the woods. That is kind of funny considering when I was little, I did get to play in the woods at my grandma's house in Tennessee. Woods that went on for acres and acres. These kids were on a paved trail between some brush and trees and they thought they were in the woods. We need to get out more.

Now, the kids wanted to keep going after I told them we had to head home. By this time, I was red-faced and sweaty because it was like 80 degrees and I had been walking at a pace that was JUST beyond standing still. Wouldn't you be red-faced, too? Yeah, I'm out of shape.



INTO THE WOODS


Look! Trees! Grass! Bushes! Dirt!


And flowers!




Home through the trees
posted by Angie @ 10:09 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Mitey Mite said…

    Love your new look! And I see you've been posting, and it hasn't been about AI! So who's been too busy to read all your great new posts? -- yeah, that would be me.

    Trees, bushes and flowers most certainly count as "the woods".

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOh,, pictures,, I could scrap a page about the pictures and add your blog post as the journaling.

    OOH,, good idea.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    A great new look with good pictures.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives