Saturday, October 14, 2006
Sad Friday
Friday the 13th? Who cares? Not me. For me, yesterday was just...sad...and it went by too fast.

Yesterday was my boss' last day. She is transferring to another department in an entirely different building.

I've been at my job for almost 8 years. Marsha, my supervisor, came to the job about 2 or 3 months after I started so we've been together the whole time. I'm a 'lead' or 'senior' in the department and we worked closely together all the time. She gave me lots of responsibilities and even confided with me about a lot of things. We were friends..as much as one can be with a supervisor and still maintain a working relationship anyway. She was fun and funny and was a really good supervisor for the most part. She even encouraged me to apply for her job. I didn't. I'm not really supervisor material, though she thinks so. Maybe someday.

I thought I could make it through the day without crying...I had already had my breakdown a few days ago. But no...we were all teary eyed all day. We had a carry-in and gave her gifts. It was a good day..but a sad day.

She left right at 5 after a few trips to her car to take stuff home. More tears. Then, it just looked so lonely and bare at her desk. *sigh*

Yes, it really is possible to like your supervisor. Now, I'm just worried about who will be the new one. We won't find out for a week or so.

Until then, me and the other lead are in charge for the most part.

Pray for me. Amen.

PS This is Marsha with a funny look on her face from last Christmas.
posted by Angie @ 10:32 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh I hate when that happens,,, will keep my fingers crossed that whoever you get is just as cool as she was.

    Hey Ang,, email me whenever you want,, it's almost 2pm now,, off to get some sleep before work tonight,, I will be online in the morning when I get home from work. Probably around 8am.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I do not like change and I know how you feel. The same thing just happened to me. We lost a wonderful supervisor and gained a total schmuck!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives