Wednesday, October 11, 2006
You're a crab.
Call me crabby, but I HATE mornings at work. Why? Because I hate the overly cheery "Good mornings!" and "How are yous?" and "Did you have a good evenings?" in little sing-songy voices. It just all seems so fake.

I am not a morning person. Is is so wrong for me to just want to walk down the hall to my office and get to my desk without being assaulted with niceties?? Seriously, I will talk and be genuinely nice after I get my mug o' ice water and get settled at my desk. Just give me a few minutes of silence while I do those things!

Now, it's a little different if it's American Idol season. I WILL talk about that first thing on the day after an episode...depending on who you are and how you approach it. Otherwise, shut the heck up and come see me after my morning snack and (company) email check.

So, would I be a hypocrite if I said, "GOOD MORNING!" to you all right now. Yeah, I thought so. :)
posted by Angie @ 9:05 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Blueyes said…

    I'm so with you on this, I've always hated mornings and cringe when people say that to me and expect a response back.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Jose said…

    After sixteen years of working in the same place I try to slip in and out of the company unnoticed. Most new employees don't know I'm a manager until much later because I just pass everyone by, however there's a few choice group of people I like and to those I feel a "good morning" or "how's it goin'" is in order.
    Oh and by the way GOOD MORNING ANGIE.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Beanhead said…

    oh how I have missed reading your blog. I am not okay in the morning until I have my Starbucks but then I am pretty upbeat(or is that the coffee talking)

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I soooooooo hate mornings,,, that's why I work 11-7 remember,, lol.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHAHAHA! I totally get that! At my old job, this one moron would come and greet me all cheerily at 8:05 in the morning - and I don't really get going until about 9. I wanted to strangle him.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives