Sunday, October 01, 2006
Behind the Camera
Remember that episode of "Friends" where they were watching the prom video? Something is said about Monica being...heavy and she says, "Shut up! The camera adds 10 lbs." (Or something like that) Then Chandler says, "How many cameras are ON you?"

That is how I feel. I HATE HATE HATE having my picture taken. I mean LOATHE to the point that I may just 1)run and hide or 2)punch the photographer in the gut, take the camera THEN run. At no time is anyone allowed to take a photo of me from the neck down. Face only. That is, IF they can catch me off guard.

You see, the 'camera' adds many many many times 10 lbs to me. Many. I hate the way I look in pictures and on video. That is why I am ALWAYS behind the camera. It's safe there.

Why am I even bringing this up? Well, I was thinking, my kids will have NO photographic evidence that I even existed. There is very very little evidence of me from about age 24 to age 35. I'm not joking. How sad is that?

So, there is one more reason why I have to get rid of The FAT. (add that to many others.)

One good thing, from Thursday, September 21st to Thursday, September 28th, I lost 5 pounds. One bad thing, I probably gained it all back this weekend. Ugh. It's a steep, steep uphill battle. That's probably why I cry through each episode of The Biggest Loser. I already have my video planned to send in for the next season of that show.

Until I make it on the show, you'll just have to put up with more photos of my kids and husband. (my male readers can just keep thinking of me as that hot sexy thing that you have pictured in your head all along, ok?)
posted by Angie @ 10:00 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to be the same way, well, I still am in a sense. I used to think that if heaven forbid I die, they'd have to use my license picture at my funeral cause that's the only one they'd have.
    I've since changed how I feel about pictures. Now I'm like f&^% it, who cares, my poor kids will have no remembrance of me because of my own hangups. I just don't share those pictures with too many people and have sworn those that have seen them to not pass them on.
    I didn't take pictures because I felt enormous and pictures just made me feel worse. I recently lost a total of 28 lbs. (give or take 4 that keep coming and going), but I can't say it was all diet. Probably 30% diet, 70% due to something bad going on personally right now. I don't recommend finding something bad to lose weight, but with moderate changes, you can lose it slowly. I'm sure you've heard it before but cutting out the bread, rice and pasta does wonders. Also cutting out soda or juice as well. believe me I know it's not easy, I love all those things, but once you see how it takes off some pounds, you'll only go back to it in moderation. It's a battle, but you can do it!!!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There's ANOTHER TARA!!??

    LOL.

    Let's not even talk about weight loss,, I think I am at my highest weight right now. I keep telling myself to sit down and email you,, that we can support one another, even from miles and miles away,, we can do it!!

    But then I see some cookies or potato chips or chocolate and I decide to email you tomorrow.

    Pathetic of me,, I know. I've been watching Biggest Loser as well,, yeah with my feet up in my recliner shoveling the food in. UGH!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Angie, wow do I know exactly how you feel. Weight Watchers is great, if you can always write down those dang points. I lost 16 lbs on it in about 2 months, but I just wont (not cant, wont) stick to it! My friend Cheltsea, has lost 27lbs in 3 months. She looks great. It works, but you have to stick to it. I need to start again!!! (Oh btw, she doesnt even attend meetings, she just counts her points and keeps track of it)Sorry I had to sign in weird. I switched to the Beta version of Blogger :(

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you considered stopping eating? I'm not joking and not taking the piss. There are medically supported programmes in place now where you can literally only have a couple of sachets of nutrition shake a day and a specially formulated bar. That's all you have other than a minimum of 8 pints of water a day. My mother-in-law is on this program and has lost 27lbs in 4 weeks.

    Most people's issue with losing weight is they are addicted to food. If you remove the food so that you aren't controlling how much of it you get to eat then the problem is taken away and you lose weight healthily.

    You do the programme for 3 or 6 months and are checked several times a week to make sure you're hydrated enough and that you're losing weight properly. You get a counsellor who takes you through the programme so that when it comes to eating again you are introduced to certain food slowly so that you don't pack it all back on again from your already establish bad diet (don't mean to be rude but whilst your mouth is larger than your butt-hole and you keep shovelling in food you're going to get fatter).

    In the UK this program costs about £60 a week but that's about the same as what you're probably spending on food anyway so it's worth it.

    The scheme is called "a lighter life" over here and might be worth looking into.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives