Sunday, August 27, 2006
We've been FLAGGED!!!
Ok, some back story...we like Papa John's Pizza. It's pretty cheap and pretty good. Hey! We like cheap! We like good! There you go. Anyway, if any of you out there are familiar with Papa John's Pizza, then you know that they put a jalapeno pepper in the corner of each pizza box. Inevitably, you get at least one piece of pizza that tastes like jalapenos. This grosses out my family. While I can eat jalapenos in a few things, I don't like them on my pizza. Bubba, if he gets one tiny tastes, jumps around gagging and spitting the pizza out like it was made of cow manure or something.

So, a few months back , while order pizza from Papa Johns, Bubba told them, no peppers in the box. Pizza is delivered. Guess what? Peppers in the box. So of course he calls them. I can't remember what came of that instance, but the next time? He told them again. Guess what? Peppers in the box. Bubba did not take this lying down. Once again, he called and raised cain (cane? Kane? cayne?). I'm PRETTY sure this happened to us at LEAST 3 times. Now, me? I would have just eaten the pizza and been done with it. Oh, no...not MY husband (whom I love dearly and couldn't live without...kissy kissy smoochie smoochie.)

Fast forward to this past Saturday night. Bubba gets home from a long day of umpiring and decides to order...Papa John's. No biggie. He's eating (I'm not because I ate before he got home.) He said, "Hey, read this box."

The label on the actual box.

Here you can see the FLAG! in all it's glory. :)

WE'VE BEEN FLAGGED!! Apparently, they got tired of Bubba pitching a fit about the peppers and it prints out every time we order.

(I totally feel like Elaine on Seinfeld when all of her doctors wrote notes in her chart and wouldn't let her see...and they informed every other doctor about her so they wouldn't treat her.)

I wonder what they REALLY wanted to put in the computer??
posted by Angie @ 7:44 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ooh, you posted,,, twice!!!

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    Here in Phoenix they put a pepper too but it's not a jalapeƱo, its a pepprchini or what ever it's called and we we get pizza from Papa John's I usually collect them all, the are delicious. Now who came up with the idea of eating pizza with salad dressing? That do grosses me out.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jose is correct they are pepperoncini peppers, and that "Flag" you see is from the customer comments that is saved in their system. In the system papa John's had when I worked there we had "Customer Comments" printed on the box and "Store comments" which just stayed in the system and was used for things like "Free Pizza next time (manager initials), or "This person doesn't tip, throw jalapano juice on their pizza" (I'm kidding about that one).

    I don't want you to not feel special but we had about 2 of every 100 customers asked for no peppers.

    Now you know =p

    Charles~
    (www.CharlesTheTech.net)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives