Thursday, June 01, 2006
Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about my daughter Brianna


1. She was born by c-section, 15 days late, on February 25, 1991. Bubba and I were just barely 20 and 19.

2. She is the oldest of our children and the oldest of 8 cousins.

3. Today was her last day of the 9th grade.

4. When she eats ice cream or soup or anything like that, she will only use a spoon FORK.

5. She is a good student, making all A's and B's since kindergarten. This year, she MAY end up having made all A's for her final grades. She gets her smarts from ME! ;) (just kidding, Bubba)

6. If she were dropped down in the middle of a huge room full of people laughing, I could pick hers out. It's a very distinct...cackle.

7. Poor thing has big wide feet like me (wide) and Bubba (big and wide).

8. She had absolutely NO imagination as a child. No, really. Her attitude was 'You want me to do WHAT with those toys?' She was much happier being around adults and trying to act grown up. She IS the oldest, you know.

9. She is VERY moody. (though she probably won't agree.)

10. She thinks Matthew McConaughey is HOT. (just like me.)

11. She has always been mature for her age. I was rarely afraid of letting her do things as she has grown up because I knew she could handle most of them.

12. Her favorite movies are horror movies (ugh) but her all time favorite movies are Beetlejuice, Home Alone and Goodburger. (I think. She'll probably correct me. )

13. She is very good at spinning a flag in the guard. Along with this goes her dancing ability. She does it all very well.

Oh, wait..this is the end already?? I have so much more. Maybe I'll do Part 2 for another TT one day.

Happy Thursday, y'all!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



posted by Angie @ 11:21 AM  
19 Comments:
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    Sounds like you have a wonderful kidlet on your hands, Sophmore year hear she comes.

    C

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brianna is such a pretty name.

    And she is obviously very smart if she thinks Matthew McConaughey is hot. LOL

    Have a good Thursday :-)

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! Your daughter is SO like my step-daughter Autumn. She just sits there with toys. *I*, on the other hand, pretended ALL THE TIME. Heck, I STILL talk to myself! My other daughter, Jennifer, LIVES in fantasy land. It's just funny....

    I was a flag twirler, too! Very cool to see you again!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice list, angie. Like your daughter, I'm a horror fan, too. :)

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said…

    thanks for visiting my TT - Happy Thursday!

    She sounds fun - I can relate about the laugh. Depending on the severity of the humor is how loud or obnoxious the laugh is. Tell her I think Matt Mc is hot too!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Cindy Swanson said…

    That was a great idea...doing a Thursday Thirteen about one of your kids. I may steal your idea sometime. Of course, I'd have to insure anonymity for them--they really aren't crazy about being blogged about. But they're so awesome, and there's so many things I love about them...

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    She sounds like a great daughter.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said…

    Oooh... I have three BOYS! I LOVE reading about girls. She sounds very neat! ;)

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My daughter's name is Brianna too! :)

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Laci said…

    Sounds like you and Bubba raised a great kid! :)

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    I hope Lyndsey and I have a relationship as good as yours and Briannas, when Lyndsey becomes a teen. She is 9 now, and very mature, she has always acted alot older than her real age. She is getting mouthy on me though. She may get that from me, but Im not sure! Love your list, as usual, Mine is up!

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Lynn said…

    Brianna sounds like a wonderful DD! My oldest just completed 8th grade (I can't believe it) and she loves horror stories and movies....but I've no idea where she got that from...probably DH;-) Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She sounds like a great kid! I'm with her on the fork thing. I use a fork for everything too. Everybody thinks I'm weird. Now I can tell them I'm not the only one. ;)

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Blogger Tina@ SendChocolateNow said…

    You have a multi-talented daughter. It is wonderful that you think so highly of her. Isn't it nice when you actually like the one you gave birth to?

    My T13 is up, too.

     
  • At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL she sure sounds like a teenager! A mature one, but still a teen. :) Soup with a fork? now that's different. i can see the ice cream with a fork - at least while it's still solid, but soup, no. :)

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    hey doing a part 2 t13 is awesome! lets you post more on the same subject and then gets your readers to come back the next week! i did a 2-parter with the alphabet... half the alphabet one week and the second half the next week... it was soooo much fun and some people have since borrowed the idea! so if you get down and out with no t13 to write... there's an idea for ya!
    thanks for coming to my t13! congrats to your daughter for being such a good kid in school!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    how fun to learn more about your family. Congratulations to your daughter for her good grades and hard work in school.

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger -tnchick- said…

    Last day of 9th grade! Moving on up... nothing wrong with being moody (ahem).... hehe

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Aw, what a sweet list!

    My grandma has a cackle, and all the women in our family let it out occasionally when we're laughing. It's like being possessed or something, like Grandma's laughing through us!

    Sorry I'm so late here, life got away from me this week and I'm just getting back to my 13s!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives