Wednesday, May 24, 2006
The GRAND Finale
We're finally at the end of the road for American Idol. Now we just have to wait through 2 hours of fluff to get to the winner.

My prediction is TAYLOR to win it all. I do love me some Taylor, so I am fine with that. :)

ok...it's just minutes away....be back in a few...

It's SHOWTIME!

Very cool...Carrie Underwood sings with Taylor and Kat. "I Made It Through the Rain." Oh, it's the entire Top 12 all wearing white. Nice. It didn't sound cheesy.

Ryan talks about the judges. A montage of Randy saying "Dude" "Da bomb" "Wow" "America, we got a hot one right here!"

A montage of Paula and her embarrassing emotional moments.

A montage of Simon and his funny faces and concieted comments. :) Very funny.

Props to the band.

Views of their hometowns. Becky and Jessie O'Donahue hosting the Taylor's Hometown thing. It's HUGE! Tamyra Gray at Kat's hometown celebration.

Paris sings with Al Jarreau. They're singing "We're In This Love Together." Paris looks cute and sounds like Paris. Just how OLD is Al Jarreau, anyway?? Does anyone still know who Al Jarreau is? I mean, I remember him, but the young kids probably have no idea. Paris sounded really good.

Chris Daughtry!!!!!!!!!! He's singing with the band Live. Chris is LOVIN' it..and so am I!! AWESOME!!! I can NOT wait to get a Chris Daughtry CD! That was COOL!

Ryan cracks on Kellie Pickler. Now they are doing a little thing called "Puck and Pickler." Kellie is talking with Wolfgang Puck. Ha ha funny funny...they've milked the whole calamari thing way too much! Lame.

Oh...Kat sings with Meatloaf. "It's All Coming Back To Me Now." Oh my...poor Meatloaf was OFF at the beginning. Kat sounds and looks GREAT. Meatloaf sounds like...CRAP!!! He is throwing Kat off something awful!!!! Wow, thank goodnes THAT ended. Poor Kat! She couldn't win in that situation.

Great...Ryan trying to be funny again. "The First Annual Golden Idols." (Awards for some of the bad singers.) Outstanding Female Vocal/Outstanding Male Vocal. Jeez..they had that stupid guy from auditions (who they were stupid enough to let go to Hollywood) come out on stage and jump around acting a fool! He jumped right off the stage. THAT was ridiculous.

Couldn't we squeeze all this into a half hour show??

Please, just stop with the Pickler food skit.

Oh yeah! The boys get to sing together. They sounded pretty good together and my Taylor FINALLY got to play his harmonica!!! Woo Hoo!!! They sang "Taking Care of Business," "Tobacco Road," and "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow." Chris looked HAWT! So did Taylor!

Cute Ford commercial with Taylor and Kat at the drive-in watching all the previous commercials. Cute.

Another Golden Idol Award goes to Elliott's mom for Greatest Family Moment or something like that. Bless her heart. She's so cute.

Elliott sings U2's "One Love" with Mary J Blige. They let her sing WAY too much of that song. Ugh. I think she just pulled a diva...she hogged the song AND the stage and practically ran off when it ended. Whatever. Poor Elliott. But he sounded really good!

Carrie Underwood sings "Don't Forget To Remember Me." She's come a LONG way from last year.

Randy Jackson "award" for public speaking. Rhonetta Johnson. That girl with the potty mouth who wore the short white skirt and tube top and the cameras followed her all over after her audition.

Taylor sings with Toni Braxton. "In The Ghetto." I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't hear Toni at all. She was singing so low it was inaudible! Taylor sounded great as usual.

The girls sing a medley that starts with "Man I feel Like a Woman" and ends with "I'm Every Woman." Get down Mandisa!! This just reminds me how much she should have stayed in the competition a LOT longer!

Golden Idol Award 'winner' for best impersonation given to Michael Sandecki. He was the guy who was nervous and "had to pee." They had him "sing!" Why?? Then...Clay Aiken made his appearance behind that kid, with longer DARK hair. And what was up? He sounded...ODD. But, did you SEE that kid's reaction to Clay?? I'm pretty sure he had a ....um....Clay-gasm.

Oh, now the finalists sing Burt Bacharach songs as Burt plays piano for them. It's a big medley and everyone looks GREAT! Not sounding too shabby, either. How about that Bucky singing "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head??" hee hee Aww..Elliott. I hope he gets a good deal to make a record. CD. Whatever. :) Kevin Covais is on my last nerve. I'm sorry to be so mean. I can't help it. Ahhh....Chris. *sigh*

Dionne Warwick makes an appearance. Do you think all her Psychic friends knew she would be there?? :) Everybody sings with Dionne, "That's What Friends Are For."

All the girls look HOT in their red dresses.

Wow, I'm getting nervous. The results will be soon!!

Best Male Bonding Award--oh wow..funny. Chris and Ace, Ryan and Taylor and the Brokenote Cowboys. Wow..too funny. Those are the nominees. Gee..I bet little cowboy Garret Johnson shows up, huh?? The winners are...Brokenote cowboys. They're singing! Wow. "Mama's Don't Let You're Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys."


OMG!!! PRINCE?!?!?!?

Seriously, Prince just performed on American Idol. No joke. Now that was cool.

Results next...oh my god...I am so nervous!!!

Taylor and Kat sing "I've Had The Time Of My Life." LOVE LOVE LOVE this song!!!! Kat looks GORGEOUS!!

Is it bad if I want to run my hands through Taylor's hair??

Ok, I think I'm going to pee my pants waiting..jeez...

63.4 millions votes last night.

THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL IS.....TAYLOR HICKS!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have to tell you...my mother just called me...my 63 year old mom...called me whooping and shouting because Taylor won!! :) I swear she was crying and laughing. I LOVE Taylor!!! I can't wait to hear his new CD!!

Ok...a big sigh now that the season is over....ahhhhh..... I thought it was a great season. When does the next one start? ;)

(Is this my longest post ever?? :) Thanks to those who had a party in my comments tonight! The Taras and Walter!)

Oh oh oh...I almost forgot...

GTHOTS KATHARINE! (I still love ya, though.)
posted by Angie @ 7:58 PM  
42 Comments:
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Okay, is it me in my state of depression that I think Meatloaf and Kat,, sucked big time or did they really suck?

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Meatloaf sounded like CRAP!! His off-ness made Kat lose her way a little. BUT, when she sang alone, it sounded much better!

    **HUGS TARA**

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    the commercial breaks are driving me crazy, they are way too long

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, poor Kat! (I think this is Meatloaf "falling off of the stage.") I've always liked her...not much a fan of Taylor's...just don't get his appeal.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Of all nights, the cable has gone out. Please please please keep posting every once in awhile so I know what's going on and who wins. Thank you thank you thank you.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    I will, I will I will!! :) What a HORRIBLE night for your cable to go out!!!

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Twin Tara!!! Hi there girl! Glad you remembered that Ang live blogs AI

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh my GOODNESS that was hysterical,, Clay coming out on stage behind the kid!!!!!
    I SOO needed a good laugh.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Aww, I love Elliot, he looks like he's having a fabulous time.

    Heehee What's new pussycat.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    Everyone seems to be having fun -- except Chris, who looked rather annoyed, didn't he?

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Walter,, hey it's a party over at Ang's place.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Woo hoo!! It's party time. :) Hi, Walter!

    Now don't go picking on my Chris you hear??;)

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I don't think he's ery comfortable singing Burt's stuff huh? A bit too fluffy for him I guess.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    Indeed, it is! Wassup Tara? Got a new car I heard. . .

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    Hi Angie,

    Not picking on him at all. . . but didn't he look irked during his trio during the Bacharach number?

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeah,, well an newer car,, it's a 2004 but the banks giving us a hard time,, they want us to put up 3K that we don't have in order to get the payment we want, , we should know by tomorrow if it all goes through,, if not I give it back and we start to look again.

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Ang,, do u realize there's a party here at ur place.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Wouldn't you be irked if you were having to sing with Kevin Covais...on a Burt Bacharach song? :) hee hee

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    Tara, what's your AIM?

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    Angie -

    Well when you put it THAT way. . . it all makes sense to me now.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm not signed in,, uhmmm it's digiscrapnj

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ok now I'm signed in

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    OK...cool. how many months are doing on the car loan? just go longer if you can, rather than do higher DP

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    we tried that,, i think the dealer is just trying to make some money back on the deal cause if they continue to lower the payment for us they are cutting down on their profit.

    Holy Crap it's Prince

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    holy shit! it's prince! Waaaayy cool

    yeah, i know. but they'll do whatever they have to in order to save the deal ...

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    How cool is Prince? He rocks,, I want him to break out in some Purple Rain or I would die 4U

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    i can't seem to see you on AIM, Tara. don't know why

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Walter Steve wants to know if you want to play in a Texas Hold'em tournie here at my house on July 8th

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    Sure! I don't mind donating a few bucks in the name of fun ..LOL.
    count me in. thanks for the invite

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    What kind of dance is Kat doing??? OMG, she's a freak!

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    it's more than a few bucks actually it's $60 a person,, 50 for the tournie, 10 for food, he's hoping for thirty people with a final table of 6 and if everyone does the re-buy then first place is $1200 and everyone at the final table will walk away with someone. But not everyone may re-buy so that will change it all up.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    oooh I am sooo nervous

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    OMG OMG OMG...shocking

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    YEAH IT'S TAYLOR!!!!!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger TLR said…

    Thanks Angie, I could get anything at Slim's, so I came here. Have a good night. Keep me informed about that summer talent show, if you would?

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    $60 is cool. . . now if it were like $200, then I might have had to gotten back to you on that ..but heck, I lose more than that at some regular games...hehe

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    I like Taylor, but it still shoulda been Kat. She'll be fine as career prospects go, though.

    It was a really good competition

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Okay,, going to go and watch the after show thingy. SOOO happy it was Taylor.

    It actually made me smile, laugh and be happy for awhile. Thanks Ang! Gnight Twin Tara and Walter.

    Have to go and watch the after show thing while finishing getting ready for work. thank goodness I am off from work tomorrow,, i'm tired. Wow,, I writing this like a blog post,, sorry Ang,,, heeheee

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    I will, TLR! :) Poor slim..he's too popular. :(

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Bye everybody!!! Thanks for hanging out with me tonight!

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Robbed, I tell ya, Kat got robbed.
    :( Oh well, thats life in a rock and roll band, I guess....

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger guppyman said…

    I am truly amazed that taylor won. Now I'm more curious than ever to see how they plan on marketing him.... Where exactly do you go to hear new Michael McDonald or Joe Cocker songs?????

    Too bad Kat didn't sing like she did last night for the last few weeks... It would have gone the other way....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives