Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Top 3 sing 3
Is it time for the Top 3 already?? Weren't they just showing the bad auditions last week??

Anyway, we are down to the final 3 on American Idol. Taylor, Kat and Elliott. Tonight, they sing 3 songs each. A judge's pick, a Clive Davis pick and a pick of their own. Who will shine?? Let's find out...

I am nervous! Should I even admit that to anyone??

They just showed Roseanne with her son in the audience.

Ryan. Please shave!

Ode to Clive...

Elliott sings "Open Arms" by Journey. Oh boy. Clive said, "Kill 'em this week." We'll see. I don't think this was best song choice on Clive's part. Elliott did well with it, but it didn't blow me away. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't bad...just not GREAT. He looked uncomfortable. I give him 20/25.

Kat sings "I Believe I Can Fly." She looks gorgeous. I didn't like the song choice. What is Clive thinking?? Randy said the song choice wasn't good and Kat said, "I didn't pick it!" You GO girl! She sang it well. She sounds hoarse and I think it was hard for her to hit some of those notes. But for that song, it was GOOD! I give her 20/25.

Taylor sings "Dancing In The Dark." Song choice again....COME ON TAYLOR...bring it!! Poor Taylor. Not a great song choice! But Taylor does what Taylor does! He did a really good job with what he had to work with and I love me some Taylor. He danced a lot and danced with Paula so he had some fun. I give him 22/25.

Elliott sings "What You Won't Do For Love." I don't know this song. Oh..yes I do. :) I didn't recognize the title. Paula picked this song for him. This is much more in the style of Elliott. He sounds and looks much more comfortable. I give him 21/25.

Kat sings "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Weird song choice from Simon. Kat starts out on the floor.(and stayed on the floor.) Just a guitar to accompany her. She sounds great. It really is a perfect song for her. And? It doesn't sound straight from Oz. Excellent!! I give her 24/25.

Taylor sings "You Are So Beautiful." Randy chose this song for Taylor. This could be awesome...let's see. Cold chills. He could totally sing this song to me! He started out with the perfect amount of soft! :) I LOVE Taylor! I give him 22/25.

Elliott sings "I Believe To My Soul." A Ray Charles song for Elliott's own pick. The low notes aren't sounding great. He picked a decent song. I'm just not feeling Elliott tonight. I don't think he really shined tonight. However, it was an ok performance and I give him 21/25.

Kat sings "I Ain't Got Nothin' But The Blues." HOT go-go boots! How fun! What a great song for her! She knows her own voice and her own style! I LOVED the performance but the judges were not kind. Oh well. I give her 22/25.

Taylor sings "Try A Little Tenderness." GREAT song!! I can't hear this song without seeing Duckie Dale on "Pretty In Pink." :) Taylor is doing it for the SOUL PATROL! I love it...GO TAYLOR! I give him 24/25.

Overall, it was a decent night. Some bad song choices, but I think they all made the best of what they were given.

If I HAVE to choose...I will say Elliott is going home. Taylor has not worries..he's staying.

Can't wait til tomorrow. See you then...
posted by Angie @ 7:51 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Angie!!!

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    aww, I love this song,, it's soooo 80's.

    Thanks Clive and Elliot.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Hi, TARA! :)

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Go Taylor,, I love this song,, "Yuu are so beautiful"

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Girl..me too!! *sigh*

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Duckie!! I thought the same thing.

    Love Taylor tonight,,the last two songs were great for him.

    While I agree that Somewhere over the rainbow was perfect for Kat,, I am annoyed with her since I don't think she should be there this week.

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger xtessa said…

    OMG... i've always liked Taylor but MAN, when he sang You Are So Beautiful... it gave me goosebumps!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives