Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Top 4--Elvis night
Well, we are down to the final 4 contestants on American Idol so tonight will be important for all of them. One bad song choice could mean the end.

I admit, I am excited and nervous going in to this. Yes, I get way too into this silly show. I can't help it!

Tonight's theme is "Elvis." Should be really good! I hope it is!

Here we go!

Taylor sings "Jailhouse Rock." Taylor was AWESOME!! He was completely in his element. Performance-wise it was entertainment to the extreme. Vocally, it was good. It's not really a singer's song, but he sang it well. I give Taylor a 22/25.

HA HA HA HA! Simon told Paula to shut up!! :)

Chris sings "Suspicious Minds." I'm lovin' the Elvis glasses on Chris! :) I love this song and he was REALLY good. He played it safe with the song, not going all crazy with it and it totally worked!! I loved it, of course. As usual, he was lookin' pretty HOT. He just keeps carrying that mic stand around like Bo andn Constantine used to do. I HATE that!! I give Chris 23/25.

Elliott sings "If I could Dream." I don't know this song but I like it. He sounded really good. Elliott doesn't change it up much, so he often sounds VERY similar with each song. The judges loved it. I missed a lot of it because my sister called right as he started singing. Still, I give him 21/25.

Katharine sings "Hound Dog/All Shook Up." Katharine is sooo freakin' cute!! A fun performance, but not her vocal best. Not horrible by any means at all. She got a little winded and forgot a few words, but still, a good performance. I give Katharine 21/25.

Well, after the 1st songs, I'd say it's not been a wonderful night vocally, but a very entertaining night so far.

Taylor sings "In The Ghetto." Taylor slows it down and gets soulful. Somehow, Taylor still manages to be Taylor even sitting down. The only thing I didn't like was his enunciation of ghetto. Ghet-toe. Bottom line, Taylor hit it with this one! Great! Perfect song for Taylor! As Simon said, he just sang his way into the finals. I give him 24/25.

Chris sings "A Little Less Conversation." Oh..yeah...a totally sexy song for Chris! How does he look so good in a simple white button down?? He sounded HOT! Stayed on key the whole time. Added his rock edge to it at the end. LOVED it! But when DON'T I love Chris?? I give him 24/25. (Chris? Mic stand? STOP!)

Elliott sings "Trouble." A cool bluesy number. Very different for Elliott and I like it a LOT. He was sweating by the end of that one! :) He stepped it up.I give Eliott 24/25.

Katharine sings "Can't Help Falling In Love." Katharine can always slow it down, I think. That last night was a bit off, but a really great performance. I don't think she should have done the slow one last. The first part of the song was REALLY good. The last part a bit, eh. Anyway, overall, I give Kat 22/25.

What a great night on Idol! If only all the other themed shows had been this good! Why couldn't we have skipped all the crap and just moved on to this point?? It would have made for a much better more enjoyable season! :) Can't wait to see who has to GTHOTS!!
posted by Angie @ 9:00 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Ang,, I'm watching here in Jersey.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I know you were annoyed with the whole mic stand walking around thing weren't you.
    But it's Chris,,, oh and I didn't like the sunglasses thing, I actually agree with Simon on that.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Hey, Tara! :)

    Chris' sexiness blinds me, I guess.;)

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Whoa...EF watched?? I am highly impressed!

    I, too, will be sad tomorrow!! :(

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger guppyman said…

    OK... Taylor rocked... He did great on both.

    Chris- I'd give him great on the first, bored to tears on the second. I thought for sure he'd put me to sleep.

    Elliot. The first was horrible. I don't know what kind of drugs the judges were on (well.. Paula is always on drugs, but the other two)... But the first one sucked. He did ok on trouble, but still... if you opened your eyes... There was Bud Bundy and a leprechaun's illegitimate love child singing.... Go home Elliot...

    And McPheever... Even with forgetting the words... Even though her second song was a bit strange... she still is gonna win it all!


    I'd say Elliot was going home, but then... it may be Chris that takes the walk of shame.... Based on just tonight... I'd say it was Chris. But I think it will still be Elliot who GTHOTS....

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Taylor was great. He lucked out because Elvis is sooo his style!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Momma. Um. Jeremy is going and he asked Clark to make sure I could go and Clark said yes!!! I'm very happy!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    My favourite Elvios song is 'American Trilogy'...a great tune.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Debby said…

    im thinking katherine is gone....but are they going to get rid of the only girl left.....hhhhmmmmmmm

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives