Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Top 5 live blogging
I have a killer headache....but AI doesn't stop for headaches by golly! :)

Not sure how good this live blogging will be as they are singing two songs each tonight, but I'll do my best to keep up for the two of you who actually read it. (Hi, TARA!!)

Personally, I am looking forward to Chris singing "Renegade" by STYX. LOVE that song!
~~~~~

I'm glad Seacrest shaved! Paula has her hair out of her face thank goodness!

Tonight they are singing a song from their birth year and a song from this week's Billboard charts.

Elliott sings from 1978 "On Broadway." Perfect song for the runs he likes to do. Seems he immediately captures the audience more than usual. He looks good in his jeans and coat. He looked a little nervous. A VERY good performance from Elliott! The middle and end of the song was really good. Simon didn't like it much but I give him 20/25.
Song 2--Home by Michael Buble. Elliott slows it down. I really like this song and Elliott does a good job with it. Nothing spectacular but good nonetheless. Very romantic if that is possible. I give him 20/25.

Paris sings from 1988 "Kiss" by Prince. She looks really cute. Hmm...I don't know what to think. She was good..but there is something about Paris, as I've said all along, that I can't put my finger on. I don't NOT like her, but I don't like her a lot. Simon said screechy and annoying. I wouldn't go that far, but still. It was ok..pretty good. I just can't explain what it is. I give her 19/25.
Song 2--Be Without You..Be With You? What is this song called? Anyway, I don't like Mary J Blige much, or this song, so I didn't like the song choice. Paris did a good job but again that whole can't-put-my-finger-on-it thing. I give her 19/25.

Chris sings from 1979 "Renegade" by Styx. YEAH! I love this song..I love Chris...I LOVE Chris singing this song!!! He is HOT and awesome and did an EXCELLENT job of that song!!! Ok, I wasn't going to get all gushing tonight..but DAY-UM...boy is HOT! I give Chris 24/25. (I know, I know...it's high..but it was GOOD!)
Song 2--I Dare You. A song I don't know, but, yeah..I'll like it. A tad screamy, but I like Chris. His leather jacket looks good. I give him 21/25 for the slower, softer notes of the song and 19/25 for the screamy parts. :)

Katharine sings from 1984 "Against All Odds." Oh..not a great start, but it is getting better as the song goes on. Her tight dress and heels may make her fall over, but she looks gorgeous as usual. Not the greatest of song choices for her. A few sharp notes. I love Katharine! But this performance wasn't her all time best at all. I give her 20/25.
Song 2--Black Horse & the Cherry Tree. GREAT song choice for Kat. She sang the entire song on the floor! Very, very good! I give her 23/25.

Taylor sings from 1976 "Play That Funky Music." OH YEAH!! This is MY Taylor!!! He is fully in his element! What a performer!! Excellent performance! Heck, I don't even know how he sounded. And? Taylor looks awesome tonight! Great hair, great clothes! I give Taylor 22/25.
Song 2--Something. Oh no..Taylor goes slow on us...sometimes this goes bad. Oh, he's sounding really good so far. DANG it! My neighbor came to the door and I missed the end..but it was really good up until then! I give him 22/25.

I thought it was really a great night. Some great song choices overall. Now, I have to go vote. :) Later.
posted by Angie @ 7:56 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Ang!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    SSHHH Chris is singing

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Did you see my MacGyver commercial on after Chris' performance,, yeah Mac!

    Oh, yeah,, BIG YEAH for Chris,, hubby even admitted that he's really good. I know,, Steve,, I know,, thank you!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Chris' second song wasn't as good as the first,, Katherine did a great job with her second song. It's got to come down to her and Chris in the end.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    LOVE THIS SONG that Taylor is singing.

    I love the Beatles!!!! Awesome job,, so happy he sang that.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think you are spot on with your analysis. I agree with all your scores.

    Thanks for playing in the Blog Olympics Training Camp and congratulations on your silver medal. I've posted the overall standings.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger guppyman said…

    2 songs worth hearing tonight... Taylor's first and McPheever's second....

    The rest sucked badly.

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Gup...we obviously watched different shows. :)

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    lol ang... I pretty much agree with all you said except I thought Kats first song was terrible from start to finish ..it was just painful. and Chris's second song was awful to me ... Good thing he rocked out with Renegade...

    don't ever listen to Guppy on music..lol
    he is in a world all his own with his views...lol

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    OK, Chris totally rocked the house on his first song - awesome! Kat's first song was AWFUL and I didn't enjoy Elliot's first one either. First time he actually sounded bad to me. Liked both of their seconds. I liked Taylor's first song but wow, why do the judges keep saying karoke and wedding singer to him? I don't get that but they way they keep saying it I'm sure it's influencing the voting public. I think he's good.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives