Sunday, April 30, 2006
Lukewarm
Remember how I said I had a HOT date? 'Member that? Well, read the title of this post. Yeah. Not so hot. Fun? Yes. As only an old married couple can have fun. HOT? Not so much. I KNOW how you all have been waiting for the details. By all I mean none. Anyway, giddy with excitement, I got ready to go out, even almost avoiding all thoughts of "I hate every piece of clothing in my wardrobe." I even put on make-up.

So, guess what we did first? No...GUESS! We went to WAL-MART! How's that for a HOT date? We stopped over at the Wal-mart across town to get a layaway out. Then we were off to Carlos O'Kelly's. I really like their food, but the deciding factor for why we chose there to eat was it was NOT busy. I HATE waiting 45 minutes to an hour to get in somewhere to eat. We walked right in and got a table in the bar. They didn't even card us! Can you IMAGINE them thinking I look a day over 21?? I proceeded to eat my weight in chips and salsa. Their chips are the best around and I had myself one of those frozen alkeehol drinks. Raspberry margarita...mmmm.. I had one of those sampler platter things for dinner. You know the kind with a few things ending in -ito and -ada and -eans and -ice.

From dinner, we drove by the movie theater. What? You expected us to go IN and actually watch a movie? No, really, we drove by to see what was playing. Nothing worth paying full price for so on we went to our next date destination. As we headed that way, I was TOTALLY feeling the alcohol from that ONE margarita and Bubba contemplated going home right then for the sex-shul relashuns. I said contemplated.

Who wants to guess where we went next? You, in the front, with your hand up. What's your guess? That's right...WAL-MART!! Seriously, two visits to two different wal-marts in the course of one "date." Only in Indiana, people. Only in Indiana.

This time it was a visit to the wal-mart on our side of town to put ANOTHER layaway in. The chil'ren need some church clothes don't ya know. Mama got herself a couple of new things as well. Much to Bubba's happiness, a couple of things might just show a little cleavage. Might, I said. Might. After wandering around there for a while and purchasing two pieces of cheesecake, (all mine!), we headed home in the rain.

Once home, we watched "Hitch" which I hadn't seen yet (Kevin James and Will Smith, gotta love that!) and decided who was more tired and Bubba went to bed as I tried to fight sleep a little while longer.

Pure romance, people.
posted by Angie @ 5:42 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Well, at least you got some clothes out of it and a dinner! (lol) This is a funny post!
    I'm here from Wendy's today...Isn't this fun? I love meeting lots of bloggers I haven't met before, like you!

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jillian said…

    Hey, we've done Walmart dates, too! Gotta love Walmart. LOL

    Hubby and I actually just got back from the World's Worst Mexican Restaurant. I mean, we stopped at the grocery store afterward to buy some Tums...it was THAT bad.

    So add me to the "date flop" list!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    ok, well that only makes me feel SLIGHTLY better for getting nuthin' on a totally regular basis...

    But dude, walmart is HOT! heh heh ;-)

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah...love. Multiple WalMart night. WOOHOO!!!

    Michele sent me. I love the name of your blog, btw.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    Ok two Wal-marts in one day is me waking up from that nightmare in a cold sweat..lol

    Man you guys need to get out more....
    next time NO WAL-MART!!!..

    have a great monday :)

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger angela said…

    OMIGOSH! You are the funniest thing going girl...I have walked this path many times...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives