Sunday, April 30, 2006
Lukewarm
Remember how I said I had a HOT date? 'Member that? Well, read the title of this post. Yeah. Not so hot. Fun? Yes. As only an old married couple can have fun. HOT? Not so much. I KNOW how you all have been waiting for the details. By all I mean none. Anyway, giddy with excitement, I got ready to go out, even almost avoiding all thoughts of "I hate every piece of clothing in my wardrobe." I even put on make-up.

So, guess what we did first? No...GUESS! We went to WAL-MART! How's that for a HOT date? We stopped over at the Wal-mart across town to get a layaway out. Then we were off to Carlos O'Kelly's. I really like their food, but the deciding factor for why we chose there to eat was it was NOT busy. I HATE waiting 45 minutes to an hour to get in somewhere to eat. We walked right in and got a table in the bar. They didn't even card us! Can you IMAGINE them thinking I look a day over 21?? I proceeded to eat my weight in chips and salsa. Their chips are the best around and I had myself one of those frozen alkeehol drinks. Raspberry margarita...mmmm.. I had one of those sampler platter things for dinner. You know the kind with a few things ending in -ito and -ada and -eans and -ice.

From dinner, we drove by the movie theater. What? You expected us to go IN and actually watch a movie? No, really, we drove by to see what was playing. Nothing worth paying full price for so on we went to our next date destination. As we headed that way, I was TOTALLY feeling the alcohol from that ONE margarita and Bubba contemplated going home right then for the sex-shul relashuns. I said contemplated.

Who wants to guess where we went next? You, in the front, with your hand up. What's your guess? That's right...WAL-MART!! Seriously, two visits to two different wal-marts in the course of one "date." Only in Indiana, people. Only in Indiana.

This time it was a visit to the wal-mart on our side of town to put ANOTHER layaway in. The chil'ren need some church clothes don't ya know. Mama got herself a couple of new things as well. Much to Bubba's happiness, a couple of things might just show a little cleavage. Might, I said. Might. After wandering around there for a while and purchasing two pieces of cheesecake, (all mine!), we headed home in the rain.

Once home, we watched "Hitch" which I hadn't seen yet (Kevin James and Will Smith, gotta love that!) and decided who was more tired and Bubba went to bed as I tried to fight sleep a little while longer.

Pure romance, people.
posted by Angie @ 5:42 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said…

    Well, at least you got some clothes out of it and a dinner! (lol) This is a funny post!
    I'm here from Wendy's today...Isn't this fun? I love meeting lots of bloggers I haven't met before, like you!

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jillian said…

    Hey, we've done Walmart dates, too! Gotta love Walmart. LOL

    Hubby and I actually just got back from the World's Worst Mexican Restaurant. I mean, we stopped at the grocery store afterward to buy some Tums...it was THAT bad.

    So add me to the "date flop" list!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    ok, well that only makes me feel SLIGHTLY better for getting nuthin' on a totally regular basis...

    But dude, walmart is HOT! heh heh ;-)

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Catheroo said…

    Ah...love. Multiple WalMart night. WOOHOO!!!

    Michele sent me. I love the name of your blog, btw.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger PresentStorm said…

    Ok two Wal-marts in one day is me waking up from that nightmare in a cold sweat..lol

    Man you guys need to get out more....
    next time NO WAL-MART!!!..

    have a great monday :)

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Tired Tunia said…

    What is it with Indiana? EF and I were in a wedding in Valparaiso (sp?) about 5 years ago, and we needed to get something after the rehearsal dinner, so we found the Walmart. It was like 10 at night, and the place was PACKED. Like there was absolutely no where else in the entire state to be or go. Gotta hate the taxes, but long live NY state! Wahoo. K. I'm done now!

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger angela said…

    OMIGOSH! You are the funniest thing going girl...I have walked this path many times...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives