Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Love from the Top 6
Live bloggin' the Idol again. Come on in and stay a while.

I love David Foster. They need him there every week to critique the singers.

First up is Katharine. First is usually the death spot.

Katharine sings "I Have Nothing". As usual, she looks GORGEOUS. Did you SEE that cleavage? She sounds amazing! A great song choice. I thought it was big and powerful and I didn't think she oversang it at all as the judges are saying. She kicked butt in my opinion. I give her 21/25.

Elliott sings "A Song For You". I really like this performance by Elliott. I see Elliott as rounding out the Top 4 and being the underdog. I don't think he will win, but he's good! Elliott did a great job tonight! And Paula cries. Gag me. Sorry, I just don't buy her being so touched. I am so mean, huh? Anyway, I give Elliott 22/25.

Oh great..Kellie speaks. "I don't have anybody to play pottery with." PLAY pottery. Ugh. Make her stop.

Kellie sings "Unchained Melody". Oh come on! How did she make it this far? The beginning is less than stellar to put it nicely. This is NOT a good song choice for Miss Pickler. Terrible. It reminds me of a little girl in a beauty pageant. Hard to explain. I give her 15/25. Simon said it was like a song that would never end (or something like that). That is exactly how it was.

By the way, I am loving Andrea Bocelli's take on things, as well as David Foster's.

Paris sings "The Way We Were". I do like Paris' hair more natural. I don't like her low notes, but she is doing a pretty good job tonight. Paris can hit those big notes well. She seems to be really pushing her voice out, though. I give her 20/25.

Taylor sings "Just Once". Oh, I so hope he does well with this song! Come on, Taylor! He seems a little nervous. But, he's my Taylor!! I love him. He could sing to me anytime, any place. (sorry, honey.) I really loved it. He could sing my grocery list, though. It was a little stiff but he brought it at the end. I give him 21/25.

I am so nervous for Chris!!!

Chris sings "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman". How funny! They had him sing while lying on the floor during practice. GREAT song choice! Be still my heart. I love this song. He is kicking major American Idol ASS! He looks really hot, too, in that long jacket! Oh, he hit an off note, but that's ok. Ahhhh...I LOVE me some CHRIS!!! I give him 23/25.

Overall, I think it was a very good night. The judges were rushed because they insist on letting Ryan chit-chat too much. Paula was on something.

My Top 3 for the night:Chris, Katharine and Elliott
My bottom 2 for the night:Kellie and Paris, even though Paris is so much better than Kellie.

I WANT Kellie to go home, but I am afraid it will be Paris first and we will be frickin' stuck with PICKLER in the top 5!!

I'm voting like a crazy person!
posted by Angie @ 7:46 PM  
16 Comments:
  • At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy Crap!

    Did someone pay them off,,,, although she didn't sing it as Whitney did in her prime,, guess what,, Whitney can't sing like that anymore either.

    I happen to love the song, period. At least she didn't butcher it. I liked it.
    Ooh,, what's our honey gonna be singing this month???

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Escuse my language but Elliot kicked fuckin ASS!!!!

    Didn't known the song,, but LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can I just say,, while I totally hate Paula and want to hit the mute button each time she talks,, I have quite a few songs in my iPod that I know if Elliot sung them,, he could make me cry,, as usual I'm a sucker for something that would make me cry.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Tara..I can't keep up with blogging, chatting and my children...I'm reading your comments, though. :)

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not a problem,, I am working on digital scrapping files anyway. don't mind me,, I'll just keep commenting away over here.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By the way,, Pickler,, she bored me with that song,, I agree with Simon,, when was it gonna end?!?!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Paris, Paris,, Paris,, yes girl you can sing,, but you're no Barbra.

    Week after week she's just reminding me of a good high school musical.

    Chris is last,, what the heck is Chris singing!??

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chris is next,, Chris is NEXT!

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was soooo nervous during this song.
    Chris was looking so hot in that coat!!
    Wait,,,almost wants to make me go seduce my husband into some naughty action before work,, LOL.

    I don't have words to describe it other than he was fabulous, perfect.
    Loved it!! LOVED it!!
    My husband just came in the room and is making fun of me. I'm all happily sitting on the couch,, big grin ear to ear. Lovin Chris! heehee

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Um what is Paula smoking?

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Well, you didn't ask for my opinion,but I'll speak up anyway.

    I hate to disagree, but I just don't see Elliot's appeal. He puts me to sleep. No pizazz or stage presence.
    And I was laughing with Simon at Paula's tear stunt. "You touch me!" I think Paula is touched, period. Chris is better, but not by much. Taylor was horrible tonight - couldn't stay on pitch. Simon was right about Kelly - she just about put me to sleep, too - no emotion in her singing. Katherine was wonderful, and I agree that Paris needs to stay away from those low notes. I'd put them in this order for tonight's performance: Katherine, Chris, Paris, Elliot, Kelly, Taylor. I love Taylor usually, but tonight he bombed.

    I'm horrible at guessing who will be voted off. I think it'll be Kelly or Paris - Paris only because I don't think she has the fan base the others have. Taylor should be in the bottom three after tonight's performance.

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Shelly said…

    Go Home Pickler!

    I'm so ready for her to leave too.

    Chris -- I just don't have words...I need a shower...

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Carmen said…

    Kelli should've left long ago. I'm picking Katherine for my Idol pool that I'm in. I think she may go home. IMHO, she screams everything. But then, I'm losing in my poll, so I had to do something drastic.

    How did Chris end up in the bottom 3 last week? Idol stunt maybe?

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    I have not got to see it yet but am so glad to hear that Chris and tayloe did well ... My fav top three are Taylor, Chris and Kat...yes she is beautiful...

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Raevyn said…

    Who told Kellie she could sing? Sheesh, what a horrible performance. I agree, the bottom three will be Paris, Kellie and Taylor, though I don't think either Paris or Taylor deserve to go home yet. I guess we'll find out tonight!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Chana said…

    Chris is yummy...I can't wait until his album comes out...butterflies in my stomach already...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives