Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Look kids, American Idol, Parliament!!
It's that time again...American Idol night. As usual, I will be live blogging. I KNOW! You just can't get enough can you?? Keep checking back for my MOST professional opinions! :)

Tonight, the contestants sing songs from The Great American Songbook. Rod Stewart recently recorded 4 albums full of these classic songs. Tonight could prove to be a boring disaster, but I am hoping not.

From all the clips, it looks like Rod was fun to work with.

Uh oh, Chris is in the 1st spot. Usually means certain death!!

Chris sings "What A Wonderful World." Crossing my fingers as he starts...Oh wow...be still my heart. He can sing. *sigh* Oh wow. I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED his performance!!!! What's up with the scarf he's wearing under that suit? ALL the judges loved his performance..even Simon. Just an EXCELLENT performance of that song. So many people try to sing it and sound terrible. Chris was freakin' AWESOME! Seriously, it gave me chills. For me to admit that, it had to be good! I give him 24/25.

Paris sings "Foolish Things." This is Paris' kind of music. She did a really good job, though the song was a tad on the boring side. One of Paris' better performances in a while. I give her 23/25.

Taylor sings "You Send Me". Great song choice for Taylor. Sounds kind of like the band is rushing the song. Oh that was GREAT!! He added some "Taylor flair" to that! AWESOME performance. Again, Simon liked it. I give him 23/25. (he almost got a 24, but the beginning of the song was a tad boring but he quickly turned it around.)

Elliott sings "It Had To Be You." Elliott is so good at this kind of song. Another very good performance! I liked this a LOT. Elliott should stay over Pickler and Ace for sure. His voice was very smooth. I give him 21/25.

Kellie sings "Bewitched,Bothered and Bewildered." Oh Kellie...I thought I was going to have to give her lots of compliments because the song STARTED pretty well. However, it went FLAT at the end. Plus, she rushed the last line..or something. I give her 18/25.

Ace sings "That's All." I just don't care for Ace. This performance was less than wonderful. Lots of really off notes and dude, I STILL hate the falsetto. I give him 17/25.

Katharine sings "Someone To Watch Over Me." She's gorgeous! She is oh so talented. If I were a man, I would totally have a crush on her! This was a wonderful song for Kat to sing. I'm pretty sure there was not a bad note in the whole song. Excellent! I give her 24/25.

Final words...someone shut up Paula! And? Cut her hair and get it out of her face!!!

My Top 3:Katharine, Chris and Taylor (big surprise, huh?)
My bottom 2:Kellie and Ace
Who I want to go home:Kellie (yeah right)or Ace
Who will go home:Ace

Tune in tomorrow for the GTHOTS edition of Ficken Chingers.
posted by Angie @ 7:49 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's Chris,, It's Chris!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    I watched for the first time tonight! My sister made me. But I agree with you on everything!! Kellie needs to G-O GO!!
    Katherine? Shes a talented chick, and very beautiful, she should win.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Shelly said…

    I want Taylor to be in the bottom three because I think he needs a wake-up. The last couple of weeks (specifically country week and tonight) he just seemd to be singing to sing. But you are right, the end of the song made up for the boring beginning! I want Ace to go buh-bye tomorrow.

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger scrappintwinmom said…

    Just stopping by some of my blogfriends; I totally agree with your summary. I vote for Ace to go home; I've totally had it with him (what was with that ponytail??) And I'm up to here with Kellie; she can't really be that dumb, can she?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives