Tuesday, April 25, 2006
The Cho-down
Number 1? Remind me to just NOT ever go on Ball State's campus. Ever. Why? It reminds me of just how FAT I am and how OLD I am.

Number 2? Remind me not to go to a show, free or not, that is going to be an auditorium full of gay men and lesbians. Homophobe? Me? Nope. I just don't relate. Especially when almost the entire act, this is 2 opening acts and main act (Margaret Cho), is about gay/lasbian topics. (read:sex) Seriously, it was a funny show. It got tad raunchy at times, though. (yes, I am OLD AND a bad mother)

Number 3? Remind me that Ms Cho's show is political at times and the Bush bashing. OH the Bush bashing! Look, y'all know I like the Prez. Do I agree with everything he has ever said and done? No. But, really, the constant bashing is getting on my last nerve. It's on blogs, in the paper, on Letterman and....in Margaret Cho's show. Ugh. Does she have every right to say what she wants? Yes. More power to ya, Marg. But? Ya on mah nerves!

Number 4? Remind me to take a heavy object, such as a big red swingline stapler or some such thing, so I can hit the guy in front of me in the back of the head for laughing like a doofus CONSTANTLY and clapping his hands at the same time at EVERY. FRICKIN'. WORD. SHE. SAID. Dude? She wasn't THAT funny! (oh, but, the last story she told had us laughing so hard my chest hurt and I had to pee. So, yeah, it was worth the money. Oh wait, it was free.)

Ya get what you pay for.
posted by Angie @ 11:09 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    LMAO !!!

    I think you should be doing the stand up ...
    Seriously

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Pikkel Weezel said…

    Holy shitcakes, ANG has gone political. How did you not know that Cho's entire act was like that? She is awful. I have never found anything she said, political or not, funny. If you want funny, check out Jim Norton, Bill Burr or Patrice O'Neil, now that's some funny original shit.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Well said, Angie!

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Mitey Mite said…

    I don't find Margaret Cho very funny, either, and you know I love you Angie, but might I remind you that some of us have suffered 14 years of non-stop Clinton bashing (cause, yes, it's still going on.) They were calling for his impeachment before he was even sworn in. So I think the Bush lovers could be a little more sportsmanlike about the whole thing, or some of us will think you can dish it out, but you can't take it.

    And don't worry, I took Guppy to a George Carlin movie when he was about GG's age -- 1st word out of his mouth was the Big One -- and we all survived. They have to be exposed to this stuff sometime in their lives, right?

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Mitey Mite, thanks for your honest opinion! :)

    I think there is a big difference between saying "I don't like how the president is handling this because..." bashing.

    I didn't care much for Clinton, but I don't think I ever really bashed him..besides cheering when he was OUT of office. ;)

    Thanks again..and for making me feel like not such a bad mother. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives