Friday, April 28, 2006
Flashback Friday
Because I don't really want to think tonight For lack of anything better to post, I thought I would share a couple of photos from my junior year. These pictures were in the yearbook. (Pardon the crookedness of the photos. It's hard to scan a big heavy yearbook.) Click 'em to Big 'em.

Guess who the doofus is in this shot of the yearbook staff? The one in the LONG jean jacket, wings in her hair and brown leather Bass shoes? The ONLY one looking AWAY from the camera? Yeah, that's me.


Here's a photo of my typical Friday and/or Saturday night during basketball season. See the three arrows? (My best friend did that.) That's me on the right. The 3rd arrow. Even though my face wasn't painted (this time) I was SUPER FAN!


In a touch of...irony...this is a page from the yearbook. The bottom photo is me sitting with my friends during the Sadie Hawkins dance. But wait? Where's my date? Top photo...Oh, there's Bubba! Hang on..he was not my date. Look! There! In the shadows. Dancing with other people! MY DATE.


Happy 1987.
posted by Angie @ 7:35 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello here via michele's

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger carmilevy said…

    I admire your courage in posting these pictures: my own teen pix stay safely hidden. Yours, on the other hand, are wonderful. So rich in memory and thought.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Mitey Mite said…

    But you got the prize for life, right? Good stories, good pix. Thanks for sharing them. (But, damn, now I have that song about "those whose names were never called...when choosing sides for basketball" stuck in my head. I guess it's better than I Will Survive, but barely!)

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    Man , I so remember the days of big hair..lol you took me back to my high school years with these pictures...lol

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm guessing about 1985, 6 or 7.

    I hate to admit it, but that guy in the middle of the yearbook staff pciture; that was me. I even had THAT JACKET! And I NEVER had the sleeves rolled down.

    I think it was divine intervention that ended the 80's. And not a moment too soon.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger WendyWings said…

    Hehe big hair,great flashback pics or is that flashdance?
    LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives