Monday, December 19, 2005
a question
This is something I posted elsewhere but thought I might as well post it here, too...


When did it become "cool" to be a complete and total bitch (or jerk)? When did it become funny to put others down? To be mean to other people all the time? To belittle others and make them feel small and stupid and ignorant? It's getting really old and I am just sitting back and waiting for the trend to be over. If it really is cool and funny to be bitchy all the time, then I don't want to be cool OR funny. I'll just be me--a complete and total nice, not funny regular kind of girl.

Seriously, I really want to know. Can someone pinpoint the time that declaring oneself a "Bitch" became the thing to do? Inquiring minds want to know.

Merry Christmas to you all!!! :)

Ang

PS I should clarify, this is about a trend I see in the "blog world" in general. Pride in being a bitch or a complete jerk just seems to be the norm. However, this also has to do with a couple of specific bloggers and/or blogs.
posted by Angie @ 6:27 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said…

    Okay...who's being mean at Xmas?

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know of one blog that fits that description but I can't think of any others. Now, you've got me curious!!

    I think some people are so starved for attention, will do whatever it takes to get it.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm about to lose to you in battle of the blogs, hehe... but anyway, i just want to say that i really enjoy your blog and i hope that none of the bitchy blogs upset you on a truly personal level because you seem entirely to nice and intelligent to let petty people get under your skin. they're just silly and not worth your time. so... yeah. keep up the good work!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Beanhead said…

    Not sure who is being bitchy but karma will come back and bite them in the butt sooner or later.

    Don't let it get to you...:)

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Sean McMinn said…

    I know exactly what you mean! I've run into some people like that, and I was just as amazed. Is it cool? I don't think so.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Angie,

    I'm guilty, from time to time, of being a "bitchy" blogger, but I try very hard not to be one every time I post. I've seen a lot of bloggers do it and it's a real turn-off. Venting is cool, being rude and mean to others are purpose is not.

    *hugs* Don't let these bloggers bother you. You're a great gal. :)

    Gennie

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear ya and am with ya all the way!

    Being a bonafide bitch meself....I hate bitchy blogs!

    I mean really....they just drag everybody down with their negativity.....

    At least I try to be a 'nice' bitch most of the time...
    B(abe)
    I(n)
    T(otal)
    C(ontrol of)
    H(erself!)

    Have a Very Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeah, the whole cruelty towards others attitude does seem to be a popular trend these days.

    Sour people always amaze me. Are their lives so bad that they feel they need to bring the rest of us down too ?

    And notice the people who are quick to criticize others are always the people who can't handle even the least little bit of criticism that's thrown their way.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    I certainly hope that wasn't directed at me. :)

    I totally agree with you~I never posted the story of mistaken identity that almost caused me to shut my blog down a couple-three months ago. Some people are just venomous. I don't know how they live like that. :(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives