Thursday, December 15, 2005
Five weird habits of highly weird children
I got tagged for a good one by good ol' Homer Jay who admittedly has some weird children. However, I may be able to top him. Here are Five Weird Habits of MY Highly Weird Children.

1)Guard Girl, the oldest at 14, eats EVERYTHING with a fork. A FORK!!! We're talking ice cream and soup. I'm not kidding.

2)Baby J, the youngest at 2 years 9 months, must line multiples of anything up into rows, lines, columns whatever you want to call it. This includes cars, stuffed dogs, poker chips (blame Bubba who gave them a box to play with), M&Ms and the list goes on. AND? If there are different colors of said multiples, then they also have to be subdivided into colors.

3)When we get home every evening, Tater Tot, the middle one at 4 years old, IMMEDIATELY begins her strip tease. Her coat comes off in the kitchen...then her shoes, then her socks, then her pants....and then we have to stop her so no other pieces of clothing come off. Sometimes, she runs in the house so quickly and begins the ritual, that by the time I actually close my car door and walk to the house, she is practically nude. She did NOT get that from her mother.

4)Though he doesn't do it so much now, Baby J does something that might be hard for me to properly describe. When he is trying to tell us something that requires a lot of thought for him to say the right words..or even when he is waiting for something that we are preparing for him (like a snack or a drink) he moves from one foot to the other touching one foot to the opposite one over and over. (I swear he is borderline OCD.)

5)Baby J kicks all covers off no matter how many times we re-cover him at night, but then he will lie on his side and bunch up his blankie and put it between his legs.

So there you have it. Those are the ones I thought of off the top of my head. I'm sure as soon as I hit publish I will think of at LEAST 5 more. :) Ok, who to tag, who to tag...OK, I have to tag my Cristie. She loves a good tag any time..and she has kids so she will like this one. Hmmm..who else.. how about Kellie and soapbox.SUPERSTAR. Ok, that is all the torture I will inflict for now. If anyone else with kids wants to do it, go for it..but tell me so I can come visit and see how weird your kids are, too!
posted by Angie @ 12:28 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    You have five very different children there!

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's true folks. I'm all about the forks! Represent!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Ken said…

    I'm gonna have to go back and re-write my post. Between you and Dawn, my kids are starting to sound pretty freakin' normal. Good job!

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Only five weird things? Man, I could have done at least 27. Oh well, I will enjoy this one. :)

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Beanhead said…

    Okay so I can not even begin a weird list for my kids. My oldest likes to miss weird foods and then wants the entire house to eat them, but she won't. My middle one peels hot dogs. My son is totally into that stripping thing...:)

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger sea said…

    Very cute. Not weird at all. Just very creative.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    ok, i did the weird things about my kids. Except I did 6 instead of 5, 2 for each, But I barely got started!

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Nick used to line things up. It started with matchbox cars. Eventually it went to video tapes....what a mess!

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Diva lined coke cans up and would stack them so high they'd fall down and occassionally bust.. She'd jump out of the way just in time.. Bug does the same thing with the covers. Drives me crazy..

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger MOM IS NUTZ said…

    Haloscan hasn't been sending me emails that I have comments, so I just saw that I was tagged...doing my post now...only 5? Have you read about my kidz??

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives