Saturday, July 30, 2005
I'm baaaaack!!!!
Hey, guys, I am finally back to the blog. This whole band and guard thing takes a lot out of a spectator like me. Could be because I get so worked up and nervous every time until our band performs. Then it's like a huge sigh of relief. Just a little bit more band talk and I'll move on to other things. First, here are a couple of clips of our band performing--here and here. They are short, but you'll get the idea of what I've been rambling on about all this time. If you watch and listen..the loudest "WOO's" that you hear will be me and my sister. We were sitting near the guy who was filming each time. Also, in the first clip, you'll see the guard running around underneath sheer fabric...things. Here is Guard Girl's description of that particular part.."We look like a bunch of retarded Casper's running around." See for yourself.

Tuesday night ended up not being all that hot. It cooled way down because storm fronts were moving in. They managed to get the whole competition done and the winner announced before all the kids took off running for the buses and the rain just let loose and POURED!! Had to drive home in a storm AGAIN for the 2nd time in a week. Anyway, our band got 1st place again. Then for last nights show, they got 2nd. Not too shabby. Now, it's hard work for the kids at their band camp this week and then State Fair will be on August 10th. So, you know what that means? I won't talk about band or guard for at least another week!! Aren't you happy??

In other news...my house is a sty and my laundry has reached mountainous proportions! Being busy is NOT conducive to good housekeeping. When I get this post done I will run to the golden arches for lunch (lunch of champions, don't ya know) and then come back and do some laundry and straighten the house up some. (KEYWORD=some) I'm just not in the mood...but then, when am I EVER in the mood? (Don't answer that, Bubba)

It is almost August and my children are snotting and hacking with colds. Did I mention it is summer? Almost AUGUST?? Summertime colds SUCK! (Yes, I am loving me some CAPS today.)

I need to be skinny.

For those 2 of you out there who are Big Brother fans...was this weeks conniving and scheming for the power of veto not BRILLIANT?? I love me some Kaysar. He played it to perfection. The look on Maggie's face when she realized she was being targeted during the veto competition was great. Neither she nor Eric saw it coming. And? I am soooo happy Eric is gone! He was bossy and full of himself and just had way too much "integrity" (read:bullsh**) to play the game right. In other words, he was really just dumb as a box of rocks. I think Kaysar and James are the smartest ones in the bunch. The disappointment this week was that Maggie won HOH so she will be ready to get revenge. I think she may put up either Kaysar and James or James and Howie. James and Howie are both still working with their once "secret" partners so she would be smart to try to break them up. Tonight will be nominations for eviction so it should be good. Wonder who will cry tonight?

For anyone who watched "Average Joe", I am glad she picked a "Joe" however, I am with guppyman when he says he thinks the show told her she had to pick a Joe. That show totally ticks me off every time I watch it, though. Not sure why I continue to torture myself by watching. I'll just say that bringing on the "good looking" guys just defeats the purpose of the show. And why does good looking have to be synonymous with COMPLETE AND TOTAL JERK??

I'm still loving "Rock Star:Inxs!" It blows American Idol away. I was sad that they got rid of Daphna this week. My favorite is still Jordis

I am almost finished getting all of the hubby's work routes mapped out. Thank goodness! I HATE Map Quest now and hope to never have to use it again. Actually, it's not so bad...I'll just be happy to be finished.

That's all for now..I'll be back a little later to post some more. That is a threat AND a promise! :)
posted by Angie @ 11:08 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    KAYSER did a most excellent job of manipulation! :) I had to wipe a proud tear from my eye...;)

    My work schedule prevents me from watching the last half of the show on Thursdays...I'm certainly hoping you'll update me. :) I missed seeing who actually got the boot. :(

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't Big Brother getting good!!! I love how intense it's getting, mwahaha ;)

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have absolutely no patience when it comes to waiting to see who gets nominated, wins veto, etc, so i'm still checking out that site jokersupdates.com. they already know who is nominated, who we'll see on the show tonight. I like getting a little background info from that site, rather than only seeing what they choose to show us on the show. when the show is finally over, I definitely feel the void since I can't check the site anymore to see what's going on.
    Can't wait to see how things go the rest of this week....

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said…

    Sorry to say that I am lost on the TV thing. No time now. Will have time in about four more years!

    Glad you're back from band competitions. I was thinking about you with this intense heat.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First off,, Welcome Back,, I was starting to have ANg withdrawals! Second.... who's the "other Tara"? Third of all,, I've been eating like a PIG for two weeks now and have com eto the conclusion that I may always be fat but I really have to tone it all down and curb it due to the high cholesterol. I promise, just let me get past tomorrow. Missed ya Ang!

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tara,
    "the other Tara" is me, your twin.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Dana said…

    I used to be in marching band and was in the guard too! 5 years in highschool and 4 years in college. Boy, I miss marching.

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Dana said…

    btw...congrats to your band for doing so well in competition!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives