Friday, July 22, 2005
~~HOT!!~~
Sweat. The Indiana heat and humidity is killer this week! Heat index hitting 100 and above. The humidity is so heavy that you can barely walk outside without your clothes sticking to you. Yuck! Yesterday at the band competition we were just miserable and sticky and just..icky. Today doesn't look any better. We have another band competition this evening, too. The stadium faces west so the sun shines directly on us all the way down. Should be fun.

So, anyway, about last night. WE WON!! I was a little surprised because there is one other band that was there who is one of our strongest rivals and I thought they would take the winning trophy. But, they got second to us. We had a lot of fun.

Earlier in the day yesterday, the weather forecast was 50% chance of thunderstorms in Martinsville where we were going to be. Last years show there got sort of rained out. The kids had to perform a "stand-still" show under a sort of cow barn thing because it was raining so hard. So, we hoped for better weather this year. Despite the heat it was a nice night weather wise. When it was all over, they made an announcement that there was a tornado warning in a neighboring county. My niece immediately became hysterical and was sure we were going to die. Once we got on the road, it was pouring rain and the wind was bowing hard and the lightening was flashing every few seconds, blinding me. I was so tense by the time we got out of the storm that all my muscles hurt! But, we made it home in one piece.

Ok, Pikkel asked for close-ups. Ok, he just wondered where the close-ups were, but you know any opportunity to post pictures I take. Oh, and Pikkel, Paris is a skank..so YES, the cow shake commercial is WAAAY better.

These pictures are from last year, of course, and about as close up as I could get sitting in the stands and not having a very powerful zoom.


Guard Girl lugging equipment to the trailer before leaving for competition. As you can see, she is a big weenie when it comes to lifting heavy things. :)


Practicing.


First performance of the season.




See the back row of flags? That's GG picking up the flag she dropped. I cried. She thinks I am crazy.






State Fair morning performance.
Guard girl is the second from left in the first picture here.





The LAST one, I promise!!
posted by Angie @ 9:44 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Tell Guard Girl, a huge CONGRATS on the win!! I had a friend in HS that was in color guard, (us hillbillies called them "flag girls") She worked her butt off doing that, so GG should really be major proud of all those wins!! I always liked to watch those competitions. About the heat, I am feeling you, girl! Its like a sauna in my front yard!!! Makes the stupid grass grow 2 inches a day!!! Good luck in todays competition!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    YEAHHHHH!!!! Congrats on the win ...I am also glad that you all made it home in one piece ..I hate being on the road during a storm ..;(

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was in the marching band in high school we didn't do anything cool though other then march in one formation in a parade. Sorry lost my train of thought now as hubby just walked in to leave for softball with white socks on and sandals!!!! He says it feels better on his feet before and after the game to wear his sandals. But my question is,, why can't the socks go on then when the cleats do?????

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh,, Congrats to Guard Girl!!! Good job!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Great job!!! Hugs to Guard Girl!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Dawn said…

    It's not a drop, it's a field catch. :)

    Tell Guard Girl, WOO HOO congrats!!!

    I sent you an invite to Flickr group
    High School Color Guard. Did you get it?

    It would be great to have your photos posted there and you can post thousands if you want.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh oh oh! My high school never had a Flag Corps. My junior year one was created and I was a *charter* member. I loved it...it was such a blast and I made so many new friends. To this day I can't rake the yard or sweep the floor with out spinning the rake or broom! LMAO!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives