Tuesday, July 05, 2005
The Fat Lady Has Sung(Sang?)
The kiddos have all pooped out. We didn't get home from the fireworks until 11pm. They were starving but could hardly stay awake long enough for a little bite to eat. They were asleep the second their heads hit the pillow. I can't get photos from the night to upload so tomorrow I'll try again. Hope everyone had a great 4th! Wait! It worked! Here's what Bubby thought of the fireworks. :)


Here's GG swinging Tater around. Look at those pigtails flying!


And here is the obligatory shot of the fireworks. This one isn't very colorful, but I thought it looked cool.


Oh yeah. We got to witness an example of sheer stupidity tonight. The traffic getting out of the parking lot after the fireworks is always crazy every year. We heard some voices being raised and watched as some people yelled at each other dropping F-bombs all over the place. I HATE that around kids especially. So, the guys who were doing the yelling finally crammed themselves into their car and we watch as the guy in the passenger side hangs out the car window, lights a firecracker (or some kind of firework) and throws it at the people they had been yelling at! I wanted to run down there and yank him out of the car and beat the living daylights out of him!! Kids and cars all around and he is flinging lighted fireworks across the parking lot. Of course there were no policemen around at the moment. Idiots. These festivities always bring out the cream of the crop I must say.

Tater saw Guard Girl and Drummer Boy kiss tonight. She promptly said, "Ew! That's a-sgusting!" (that is sort of how she says disgusting.)

Ok, enough for tonight. Nighty night, kids.
posted by Angie @ 12:01 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger xtessa said…

    glad your kids had fun!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Beanhead said…

    My son says a-sgusting also. lol we love to hear him say it...way to cute.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Sounds like the idiots in my town. They cant park, drive, or think on their own. My older two kiddies went to VA with the out-laws but we took Ike (2) to the fireworks. He hid under his Peter Rabbit Blanket most of the time! But twice fireworks careened thru the audience, we were really close too, once a volunteer fireman (sitting right beside me) jumped up to see what was going to happen. Scary!! Looks like your guys had fun! I love to see sisters having fun together. I am 9 years older than my sis and I didnt have much to do with her when she was younger, I wish I had!

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We didnt go to the fireworks this year. LOl..

    My son yells ewwww everytime he sees someone kiss.. I just laugh.. its cute..

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fireworks in our area were over the weekend while I was at work, I usually miss out on seeing them because of work. But had fun lounging around and being lazy for the last two days. Now today it's back to work time!

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Willow said…

    Hee, hee... That's how my kids used to say it too. A-sgustin'!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger MOM IS NUTZ said…

    Glad y'all had a great time. We went to the middle of nowhere to see fireworks, we do it every year. It's where my husband's sister lives. Every year he asks why I get so moody when we have to go. Perhaps I will do a post one day on my wonderful sister-in-laws...I'm scared if I do that Jerry Springer would be calling us to appear...it involves trailers, rednecks, trucks, OMG...I am living in a Jerry Springer episode

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Shrinking Wop said…

    I think it's great to get drunk and blow things up to celebrate our countrys independence. Are you sure those idiots weren't Muslim terrorists? That's why we Italians always keep a baseball bat in the trunk of our car.

    Whenever my 2 and 1/2 year old grandson sees my wife and I kiss he tells us to knock it off it "bareasses him"

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's such a shame that idiots try to spoil a family night, purely by being, well, idiots (for want of a stronger word).
    Glad you had a lovely evening despite them, and that the kids had a ball :)
    Happy Independence day!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives