Sunday, January 30, 2005
Grocery shopping hell
Went to Meijer today to get food. Please, please, please, someone remind me not to ever go to Meijer on a Sunday EVER AGAIN. There were people everywhere in every aisle. And always someone with their cart practically shoved into my behind trying to get to what I am looking at. PERSONAL SPACE PEOPLE! Any Seinfeld fans out there? If you are such a fan then you will understand why I sometimes want to scream (like George) "WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY!" Anyway, we spent a scary amount of money. But our cupboards were so bare! Now the kids are on sensory overload when they walk into the kitchen. What....to...eat..first...

So, I made a chocolate chip cheeseball tonight. A last hurrah, if you will. I had been craving one to eat with chocolate graham crackers and tomorrow I begin, again, to try to change my atrocious eating habits. I need to lose weight. Desperately. I am really getting into an "I hate me and my body" kind of mindset lately and trying on clothes and seeing myself in those mirrors just sealed it. I am just plain FAT. With a capital F! So, I had myself some chocolate chip cheeseball and now I have sugar overload and hopefully tomorrow I can start anew. I also will be getting my butt moving to exercise. Probably will do a lot of walking at first. Aside from this post, I probably won't talk about it much. I might write about a milestone here or there, but otherwise, no. I am really hard on myself when it comes to weight loss and I really don't need added pressure, real or imagined. :) So, wish me luck anyway. This will be a long journey.

On to other news. This isn't really news, but, we did a major cleaning of the kids room today. Cleared out a trashbag full of stuffed animals and threw away pieces of this and that. Rearranged, too. Looks much better in there!

I can't stop quoting lines from Napoleon Dynamite. Neither can Guard Girl and Bubba-ump. "I like your sleeves. They're real big."

We watched "Mean Girls" last night and "Surviving Christmas" tonight. Nope, not Oscar fare, but good for some laughs.

And now, I am out of random nothingness to talk about, so maybe I should end tonights post.

Until next time...Angie, out. (Oh, wait, that reminds me of American Idol. Is anyone else ready for them to STOP showing the freaks and get on with it already?? I know I am!!)
posted by Angie @ 11:15 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL.... I went shopping today and swore the same thing!

    --Kym
    http://exmundane.com

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WAIT. Can we talk some more about this chocolate chip cheese ball? I have to know what it is and how to make it.

    Michele
    coffeesoup.com

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish they'd spend less time on the singers who can't sing and know it. Isn't it funny how those kind seem to have the most confidence in themselves? :^/

    I'm glad that someone with blue hair is in the competition this year. I just hope that she can sing something other than opera.

    http://pimme.blog-city.com

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives