Sunday, January 09, 2005
Eternal Electricity God, Please, Please, Please
If any of you have watched the news in the past several days, you may have seen reports on the ice storm in Indiana. I am smack in the middle of said storm. We have no electricity and no heat. Our toilet flushes, though, by golly. If in fact you want your bare behind to freeze to the seat. I will have a longer report of the fun we've been having here, but I wanted to stop in and let my regular readers know what is going on. Let's just say we have been staying with my parents. No more needs to be said really. (stop here now to weep for me.)

More when we get power.


(Did I mention they(my parents) only have AOL?? AOL! I HATE AOL. No offense to other AOL users out there. For the love of all that is speedy in the world of internet...get a cable modem!! Ahhh...I feel better now.)
posted by Angie @ 9:41 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    No, unfortunately I don't have a laptop. We're staying with my parents so using their computer, but it is so slow it drives me batty. Can't wait to get home to my cable modem! :)

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa! Try and stay warm! :)
    Chana
    www.bunnyburrow.com

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Willow said…

    Ooh that truly does sucketh. I've btdt quite a few times. Hang in there and stay as warm as you can. Even let the animals sleep with you (if you don't normally) - any extra body heat helps!

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a friend who lives north of Indy and her power is forever going out. I realize that Indiana gets a lot of storms in the summer and winter, but I live in Canada, and I get far worse weather (not quite tornadoes though) and my power never goes out.

    It's weird.

    Sorry you're having to endure AOL. But I'm glad you're some place warm and okay.

    Scully
    blackleyj@yahoo.com

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives