Friday, December 31, 2004
Just me and the big ball (and Reege)
This will be the first year (if memory serves) that hubby and I will not be together for New Year's Eve. He has to work. I am sad. Heck, I don't even get Dick. Clark, that is. I get Reege. Which is ok. But if I don't get my Bubba, I at least wanted my DC! The young'uns will be in bed. Guard Girl will be at her friend Kasi's to spend the night. So, I'll watch the ball drop and drink some sprite and enjoy the quiet until midnight when all hell will break loose here in redneck-ville, USA and all the shotguns come out and get fired into the night sky. I'd better lay low.

I must touch on the sadness going on around us just briefly. The tsunami is still difficult to even comprehend and I am so sad for all the people left to try to pick up the pieces and start over. Unbelievable.

I am also quite saddened by the passing of actor Jerry Orbach. Being a big Law & Order fan, I loved him as Lenny Briscoe. And as Baby's father on Dirty Dancing. And every other role I've seen him play.

On a closer-to-home note, today was Tater Tot and Little Big's last day at the sitter. I bawled. She cried. We will truly miss her. Even though the kids don't really understand, I know they will miss her as well.

On to other things. Does anyone still make New Year's resolutions? I do. I don't announce them to the world,(until now) but I make them. I am determined to carry out at least one of mine this year. Here are my main resolutions.
1.Lose weight--I'd be happy with 20 frickin' pounds, but, oh, say, 75 or 100 would be wonderful!
2.Rid my house of clutter.--It is amazing how much stuff one family can accumulate!!
That's all I'll list for now. We'll see how those two go.

What are your resolutions for the new year??
Also, tell me your plans for tonight or if you read this another day, tell me what you did.

posted by Angie @ 6:04 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives