Friday, December 24, 2004
Nog me some egg...it's almost here!
*SIGH* Well, another Christmas is almost here. Another hustle and bustle season almost a memory. All is quiet in the Chingers household. We had a pretty good Christmas Eve. Bubba-ump had to work last night so he had to sleep a large part of the day. The kids played all day and I struggled to keep up with their messes so we could have a nice, neat, and tidy Christmas morning. Guard Girl had her Christmas gift exchange with The Boyfriend AKA Drummer Boy. She gave him a t-shirt that said "Garage Rock" on the front with a silhouette of a drum kit. A necklace with drumstick charms on it. (Are you gettin' the picture here? DB is a drummer.) I think she also gave him a poster and a magnet. He gave her a cute little ring that says I love you (yes, I know, she is only 13). It is actually very pretty. She was quite happy with it. *WARNING! Nostalgic memory alert! I remember my first gift from a boyfriend. I was in the 8th grade and his name was Eric R. We were going together at Christmas time. Mind you, we had not gone anywhere with each other outside of school. We hadn't kissed or even held hands. But I was touched beyond belief at the gift he gave me. It was in a small box. A jewelry box. Wow. It was a pair of gold ball earrings and a butterfly pin. A god-awful ugly butterfly pin. But it was "JUST SO SWEET!" I still have them. They are still in the box. Never worn. I think we broke up shortly thereafter. *End nostalgic memory*
We had sloppy joes for dinner then GG and I ran over to mom and dad's to get a couple things. Stopped at Wal-Greens, home of last minute gifts for the uber procrastinator. Picked up film there. On sale, even. When we got home, Tater and Little Big were in the tub and they had already baked the cookies for Santa but not decorated them. After their bath all 3 kids got to open a pre-selected (by mommy) gift. *GASP! Surprise! Shock! Awe!* New jammies. Like every other year in the history of my kids lives. Sponge Bob for Guard Girl, Proud Family (from the Disney Channel)for Tater and Blue doggies that look suspiciously like Blue from Blue's Clues, but not, for Little Big. Bubba-ump had to work again tonight at 8. He'll get off work at 8 am so we will be waiting for him to get home before we open presents. Oh, won't that be joyous! Trying to keep a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old from opening all the things santa left. So, now the cookies have been set out, the kiddies put to bed and mommy is blogging when she should be wrapping! I suppose I should git 'r done.
Merry Christmas, everyone!! I hope you all have a happy weekend filled with gifts and family and love and laughter!

Angie

Yet another Tater-ism...
"Sissy, are you wearing your new ja-bamas?"

Oh, and, of course I had to do this...





You Are "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer"





Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer
Had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw him,
You would even say it glows.

For you, Christmas is a mix of tradition and fun.
You're not above strapping on a red blinking nose for a laugh.



posted by Angie @ 9:30 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Crayonsetc said…

    Have a very Merry Christmas... and thanks for stopping by my blog!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives