Sunday, January 30, 2005
How to get banned from McDonalds
Isn't McDonalds the friendliest place on earth? No, wait, that's Disneyworld...

Ok, I must first tell you about my day in order to talk about McDonalds. First, I did manage to get into the shower this morning upon B-ump's insistance so we managed to make it to the Winter Guard competition. The little ones stayed with those who use DIAL-UP AOL. We headed out at around 10:30am and it was snowing to beat the band. (note to self-figure out what the heck "to beat the band" actually means.) By the time we hit Interstate 69 it had pretty much stopped snowing so hard. A little farther down the road and no more snow at all. It was very easy to find the school where the competition was taking place, and we were early so we went in search of food. Let me tell you, this school was smack in the middle of some really nice neighborhoods. HUGE houses. Gated communities. Anyway, we ate at a really cool mexican restaurant that had great food and awesome decor. While we ate, I wished I had brought my camera in so I could totally make a fool of myself taking pictures of the cool tables and chairs and such. Back to the school where we met up with Bubba-ump's grandpa who lives close and came to watch. Our guard won 2nd place in their class. They did great! Their show uses a song by Depeche Mode and the theme is like "Interview with a Vampire." Sounds weird but you'd have to see it. I will post a pic sometime. Of course it won't be from today's show because I took the digital cam but forgot to put new batteries in it!
Oh! I must tell you about the stench! When we first sat down, there was a couple in front of us from another school. After a few minutes, Bubba-ump taps me and mouths "They stink!" and points at them. So, what do I do??? I proceed to inhale deeply to confirm his statement. OH. MY. GOOD. LORD. IN. HEAVEN. Serious BO mixed with just plain I-come-from-a-dirty-house. Gag. So, we proceed to discuss what we can place under our noses to mask the stench.
ME:I have hairspray we can spray under our noses.
HIM:I have tobacco we could stuff into nostrils or crush into mustaches. (His, not mine. Not that I have a mustache. Nevermind.) So, FINALLY, their school was given their award and they left. And we gasped CLEAN life-giving air into our screaming lungs! Too bad I couldn't light a match to cleanse my palate...or singe my stinking nose hairs.
Ok, blah, blah, blah. Yadda, yadda, yadda. We leave. Guard Girl is hungry so we stop at McDonalds. (This here is the part you've all been waiting for. If, in fact, you have waded through this much too long post to this part.) Bubba-ump ordered some sandwich I had never seen...a McHero. Alas, they were out of the hoagie bun which is an essential part of the McHero. So, what he got was a triple on a quarter pounder bun with lettuce, tomato, onion. But they didn't tell him they were out of hoagie buns. So, he told them it was the wrong sammich and that is how we found out about the hoagie buns shortage. I know, boring story, but I like saying hoagie buns. Anyway, to get to the point of my post...at this juncture, if you have forgotten the name of the interstate upon which we would be driving home, scroll up. Bubba-ump asks. "So, who wants to drive home?" I looked at him and looked outside at the snow and traffic and said, "Well, get me to 69 and..." *blink* My mouth immediately clamped shut and I thought B-ump was going to pee his pants before he got to the bathroom.
No, we didn't really get banned from McDonalds. But saying something offensive in the middle of the home of RONALD MCDONALD certainly has that potential, no?
posted by Angie @ 1:44 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives