Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Top 13 Perform
My Idol thoughts...

Big announcer guy calls the judges one by one..they appear from the stage complete with back lighting!

Ryan is back in an ill-fitting suit.


Ryan chats up the judges...Simon announces double elim tomorrow. Cue the Michael Jackson montage as the Idols will sing Michael's songs tonight.

Lil sings "The Way you make me feel" Baby got back, that's for sure. I was quite bored. She didn't do much for me, but then I'm not a huge Lil fan. She CAN sing. I'm just not into it. 7 of 10

Scott sings "Keep the Faith" I don't like his pouffy hair. (Art Garfunkel, thanks for that, Joyce.) He's playing the piano which I love. I don't know the song, but he did an OK job. 7 of 10

Danny sings "PYT" His high register is very nice. He starts slow, making me nervous. Then breaks out and I love him even more than before is that is possible! Sounded awesome!!! Why were the judges so hard on the dancing. I've seen MUCH worse in previous years. Oh well. I loved every second of it! 9 of 10

Michael sings "You Are Not Alone." I was a little worried about Michael, but this was really nice, sweet and soft. He has a great voice. I liked him a lot even if the song was a tad boring. 7 1/2 of 10

Jasmine sings "I'll be there." Nothing extra special, but not bad. 6 of 10

Kris Allen sings "Remember the Time." Kris plays his guitar. Yay! He is just as cute as can be! Great song for his voice! 7 1/2 of 10

Allison sings "Give In to Me." I don't think I know this song. I don't like her as much as I did last time. She is good but it hurts me when she sings because it sounds like she is straining so much. 7 of 10

Anoop sings "Beat It" Didn't like it. He cracked his way through that. He is fun on stage, but no. 5 of 10

Jorge sings "Never Can Say Goodbye." Eh...not so much. 5 1/2 of 10

Megan sings "Rockin Robin." Love this girl! There is just something about her voice. Fun performance. Love her voice!! 8 of 10

Loathbert sings "Black or White." Um, ick. 5 of 10

Matt sings "Human Nature" Love Matt and his piano. He hits some great high notes. 8 of 10

Alexis sings "Dirty Diana" She is just fun and I love her voice. 8 of 10


Overall, it was a fun night. I was pretty generous with my scores. Must be because I am in a good mood! :)

MY bottom 3: Adam, Jorge, Anoop
Who will probably go home: Jorge and Allison or Jasmine

OK, I had to post this video, too. This is part of my Idol interview with my kids tonight. I post this one because it talks about Loathbert. It also cuts off in a weird place because my memory card ran out.
posted by Angie @ 7:57 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Amy, aka ABB said…

    hahaha, "not good at all". Like the positive note... "Uh, he's gothic." One day you can tell her that she's probably never going to want to bring a guy like that home to meet Mama.

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Hey, I like your judges better than the ones on Fox. Are you going to make this a regular feature?

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just admit, you hate Adam because he's gay. This is a singing competition not a "who to bring home to meet your family" one....and he's so much talented than all the others.
    I know each of us has their opinion and maybe a different definition of "boring", but I was quite surprised you didn't find Matt's performance boring but you thought Lil's performance was!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives