Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Wait, it's Wednesday, NOT Friday?
This feels like a Friday, no? I don't really have much to talk about but I had the itch to write a little.

Oh, oh, oh! I know what I planned to talk about here.

The whole pink girly pink pink girly girl thing is so getting old with me. EVERY dang thing comes in a pink version 'just for girls' these days. It all just makes me roll my eyes. (but what doesn't make me roll my eyes, right?)

Now? The pink thing has invaded the world of board games!
LIFE: Come on girl friends! Hop in my car and travel with me in my game of LIFE! Who needs a man??
Twister: Left hand PINK! Right foot PINK! And it comes with a pink cherry bag to carry it in! Please. Stop.
Monopoly: Pink frickin' boutique edition! Comes with a pink box to hold everything. Hang on a sec while I dab the tears of desecrated board game sadness from my eyes.
Scrabble: You, too can spell girly words such as PINK, manicure, tampon!
Jenga: Pink sticks of wood. I've got nothin.'
And freakin' UNO: Actually called UNO Chic.

Is NOTHING sacred?? What's next?? Clue at the MALL??? (Mrs. White in Macy's with the fuzzy pink boa!) I'm so disgusted.

Oh, but it gets better. Oh yes it does.

Click it to see what the pretty pink princess is saying.

I swear if that doesn't say "Mystifying Oracle!" Ask the questions girls want answered!


Look, I know it's marketed as a toy. I know it's just a piece of plastic. However, I was raised to never touch a Ouija board. (and yes, that IS pronounced Weejee, thank you.) They're from the devEEL! Brianna knows I would skin her hide if she partakes in the spirit conjuring. I remember in the 6th grade, a girl in my class brought a Ouija board to class and the teacher let us play with it. (Yeah, NOT gonna happen these days, thank goodness!) When I say us I mean not me. I stood back and watched the devil slide right inside all my classmates! Right before my eyes. I swear! Peer pressure be damned, I was not touching that thing! Basically it was two or three people touching the planchette and accusing each other of moving it. 'You're moving it! No I'm not, YOU are! Huh uh! YOU are moving it!' No way. Nuh uh. No how. Creepy.

But now they are marketing it with PINK! Just for girls!! You'll get a warm fuzzy pink feeling when Uncle John who was killed in a tragic chicken farm incident visits you in your pretty pink bedroom to share ssssecrets from the other side!

No thanks, Toys R Us. You can keep that little bit of PINK! fabulocity to youRselves.

Now excuse me while I go play UNO with cards of PRIMARY colors.

Labels: , ,

posted by Angie @ 8:24 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hear hear! Down with Pink!

    I woulda battled you, but you'd kick my butt and I don't have enough credits.

    Good luck. Not that you'll need it!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! Thanks for the credits! Now you can kick my butt at BotB!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Salena said…

    I love all the pink stuff but I'm not touching any color WEEEJEEEE board with a ten foot pole! Not even a pink ten foot pole... heh

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    The seven year old grand daughter is High School Musical and pink to the core. The twelve year old grand daughter has NEVER liked pink! There does seem to be waaaaay too much of it these days.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Steve Gray said…

    What I find interesting is that even though it's colored pink for girls, the shot - or the composition of elements in it, is designed to get the attention of males. Look at how everything is arranged with relation to the girl's torso. Accident? I think not.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives