Friday, November 14, 2008
A Peek Into the Life of a Fat Girl
I hate to shop and I hate to try on clothes. I've said this before. It should come as no surprise, then, that my favorite pair of black pants (favorite = most comfortable) was approaching the end of it's life. (wait, were approaching the end of their lives? nevermind) I held out as long as I could, but, um, yeah. They were pretty bad. See?



Kind of sad and pathetic, huh? I FINALLY broke down and bought a new pair of black pants last weekend. I don't like them even half as much as I loved those old pants! No other pants will ever live up.

Now, I should probably give you a little black pants history. I got those pants 8 years ago when I was pregnant with Braelyn. Yep. They were maternity pants. But OMG so comfortable! They didn't have one of those weird panels in the belly area, they were just more roomy there. So, I just folded them over and wore them as normal pants. Like, twice a week for 8 years. And as my fellow fat-girls can testify, the leg rubbage, well, I refer you back to the photo. They wore a tad thin, don't ya think? That's what 8 years of thunder thigh rubbage does to innocent pants.

So, now, I am self-humiliated AND sad. Those were the most awesome pants EVER.

Like I said, the new pants don't live up. I settled. I shouldn't have. The new pants have pockets. I HATE pockets! Fat girls don't need pockets which rest in places they shouldn't! Gah.

So, I shall continue my quest for the perfect pants which won't be so easy since...I hate to shop.
posted by Angie @ 6:51 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Lucky Lady said…

    please don't put your self down i am over weight also was skinny until i had chem the steroids got to me i always say i am fat let's stop o.k.thank god you have some meat on your bones

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Chazya said…

    i hear you....thigh rubbage does a number on pants....

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Joyce said…

    Oh Angie... I sooo need to take a picture of MY favorite black pants!! Hubby finally made me stop wearing them the other day because he could see flesh on the insides of my thighs when I took a step. I hear you, sister! I even managed to find the same brand pants, same size and everything, but in blue. They just do not fit, feel, or look the same as those old black ones. It's sad.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Amy, aka ABB said…

    I always say I'm not fat, I'm just prepared for a famine.

    I feel you on the pants issue. I have a really hard time giving up the totally worn out ones, and in the past 5 years, have yet to find anything new that I love. So depressing. Don't EVEN get me started on bathing suit shopping.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    It looks like you have a long search and a lot of pant-trying to do.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Red Dakini said…

    Long live the black yoga pant. Or any black Lycra pant!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives