Sunday, November 09, 2008
Sunday Bullets 5
Yes, Sunday Bullets is back! I know you've missed it!

  • I survived the Week of No Bubba 2008 and lived to tell about it! I cooked! I cleaned! I did laundry! I rocked a mean meatloaf! I am awesome! I like exclamation marks!
  • Why must it be European-American? African-American? Drop the hyphens. Just be American. Be proud of your heritage, but just be American.
  • No, I don't feel any better about the election than I did last week.
  • I got my flu shot this week. We get them free at work so after I picked up the kids at school on Tuesday, off we went. They were VERY excited to see mommy get a shot. (It's very unsettling, I must say. I've been sleeping with one eye open.) Miss Shot-Giver, I believe, was showing off for them and punctured my arm so hard I almost yelped! I did, however, make a face which made the children laugh. Don't worry...they'll get theirs!
  • We haven't had heat since Tuesday. Fun times. The heating and cooling place came to inspect our furnace as we have them do every autumn because the furnace in this house is as old as Methuselah, as my mother would say. Well, it finally bit the dust. When I say bit the dust, I mean it has a large crack in the right heat exchanger and BY LAW(!) had to be shut off because it is unsafe to run. OMG! Panic! Mayhem! Bubba out of town! HALP!
    Luckily, almost all of last week saw temperatures in the 70s so we were relatively comfortable. Estimates for new furnace were gotten, turned in to landlord, discussed and landlord will talk to H&C place tomorrow. Meanwhile, we are frozen solid. OK, not quite, but it IS freakin' cold! We have space heaters (I HATE kerosene heaters because they are both stinky and scary.) which I religiously monitor for any sign of catching fire. We purposefully bake things so the kitchen stays warm. We take multiple hot showers so we can take advantage of the sauna-like conditions. We have blankets strategically placed throughout the house and around our bodies. We have layers of clothing on. We're good. No really. We're good.
  • Please to be bring new furnace tomorrow?
  • What is this, like, the 5th blog post in 3 or 4 days for me? What's up with that?
  • Do you follow people on Twitter who drive you so crazy you want to stab things and/or people? I read their tweets and roll my eyes and scream, "OH WHATEVER! SHUT UP!" Yet I just can't quit them. I'm not mentioning who those 2 or 3 people are. Not that it would matter because they don't follow me back.
  • Here's a blog I bookmarked this week. I can't make it 2 or 3 posts without snorting and laughing until I cry. Thank you to Kentucky Girl for sharing the link on twitter. If I didn't stalk people there, I'd have never come across this hilarity! It's totally worth clicking. Click it! And make sure you read all the commentary.
  • And so concludes this fifth installment of Sunday Bullets. Enjoy the following cuteness.
  • Oh...almost forgot. Good for Sarah Palin for calling out the cowardly jerks who anonymously came forth with stupid lies and tall tales about her after the election was over! You go girl!


Braelyn really was having fun, though it doesn't seem so in this picture.




That would be my son using a shovel to gather leaves.
posted by Angie @ 5:01 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Red Dakini said…

    Ok first of all I cannot handle the level of cuteness that is your kids!

    Second: Why is it that republican women are the only women I encounter with a sense of humor? (and I voted for Obama)haha

    Glad to make your acquaintance!

    Viva Lost! :)

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Karen Bodkin said…

    Thank you so very much for the linky love! We're just getting started over at Craftastrophe and appreciate your spreading the word! :)

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Amy, aka ABB said…

    Why, oh why, do these disasters happen when your hubby is out of town?! Almost everything bad in our house has happened when Bill was away. Leaking roof, leaking hot water heater, backed up septic (that was really sh!##%... and stinky too), washing machine, oh yeah, the list goes on and on.

    Hope you get warm soon!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Pearl said…

    Fun fall photos. Hope the furnace blasts out steady heat soon.

    Saw you by Michelle's.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Sarah Palin has been villified by the left because a lot of middle America identify with her.

    Good luck to her in 2012.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Red Dakini said…

    Sarah Palin 2012!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Gosh, this is too funny! You sound like me with the ramblings, AND being totally disgusted with something I read, only to return to the same page later on to see if the person wrote anything else that can top the last level of stupidity....HA!

    Jen
    http://thoughtsfromthefrontporch.blogspot.com

    LOVE reading your blog~

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives