Saturday, September 15, 2007
FTW?!?!
OK, whoever put out the bulletin to GIGANTIC bugs telling them that MY house had vacancies, can kiss by big behind! Seriously! We had ANOTHER tarantula, this time in my bedroom! This is the first one that Bubba has actually experienced from the beginning and he was none too pleased to have to carry out the execution.

I won't get into yet another re-telling of a tarantula tale, but this is an excerpt of conversation between Bubba and me. (bubba and I? ah, whatever.) Mind you, this was happening at about 4am.

Me: GET IT!
Bubba: Keep and eye on it. **goes to get something to kill it with.**

Bubba comes back with a rolled-up newspaper.

Bubba:I hope I get it.
Me: Ha ha. Comedian.

Bubba smacks the thing with the paper. And. It. Disappears.
Bubba starts to walk away.

Me:Uh, you have to find it.
Bubba: You're not serious! <<--- He SAID that! I swear he did!
Me: If you ever want to have sex in this bedroom again, then you will believe that I am serious! (ok, I didn't say that, but the look I gave him said it.)

He looked, he found, he killed. He was sick to his stomach the rest of the day. hee.

I wake up this morning to a note from Brianna that says, "OMG Mom call me!" So I call her cell and she says, "Open the front door." and I'm all, "Why?" and she's all, "Just open it and look at the wall.(of the porch)" I said, "I don't WANT to look!" But I look. And there, on the side of the house is the biggest em effin' dragonfly EVER.

Now, I'm not particularly skeered of dragonflies, per se, but, the HELL? I swear I am in the land of Stephen King. Remember that short story of his where the lady keeps finding a better short cut home and each time there are weird, never before seen bugs and things stuck to the grill of her car?

The grill of her car is my house.


PS We've now sprayed the entire house, inside and out, with toxic chemicals made to obliterate spiders. AND, fogged the basement. I've spent the last 24 hours in a gas mask. Wanna come over?
posted by Angie @ 3:52 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jose said…

    Oh lord you can keep them over there. I freak too would freak out, I have aracnophobia.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Everybody just calm down. The pics you posted earlier were of a large spider, not a trantula. I have two of them in my back yard, and yes, if they come in the house, they're dead meat!!!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you have a gas mask,, what about the kids,,, lol.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    You gave him quite an ultimatum there!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives