Thursday, June 08, 2006
Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things my husband BUBBA
says often. (too much) (including mispronounced words.)


1. "Hand slipped." variation: "My hand slipped." or "Oops, my hand slipped." This one is said multiple times per day. He might walk by and hit you (you meaning me or the kids) in the back of the head (playfully of course) and then say, "Hand slipped." This one is also used when he cops a feel. (from me, of course.)

2. "Does your face hurt? It's killing me." Ha ha. Funny. He's a card, eh? The little ones, Tater and Baby J, don't get this one, yet.

3. "A'ight." variation: "A'ight den." Translation- Alright. Alright then. This is said in answer to any number of things. "Honey, I have to work over." "A'ight."

4. "This ain't my first rodeo, cowboy." Translation- Duh.

5. "See, what had happened was..." This is uttered when he is caught trying to lie about something or when he is in "trouble." There really isn't ever a finish to the sentence.

6. "The kids ate it/did it/lost it/broke it." Anything I found out happened that HE did, he blames it on the kids. The thing is, now that the kids are older, they're like, "NUH UH!"

7. "...so I can get it over with." This one drives me crazy!!! It has driven me crazy for 15+ years! It goes a little something like this... It's midnight, we are tired, we KNOW we have to do something the next day like run to wal-mart but he suddenly decides it HAS to be done RIGHT NOW! "I'm just going to run over to Wal-mart and get that box of cereal NOW...so I can get it over with." I mean, it's usually something way different than that, but seriously, LAST NERVE. Why? I don't know. Just because he is so impatient like that or something. As if doing it tomorrow is going to be any worse than doing it NOW.

8. "Torlet." You know, that thing you pee into. Yes, I know. There's no R. Deaf ears, people.

9. "Fangers." As in, I have 10 FANGERS and 10 toes. Yeah. (maybe it's Ficken Changers, then? What do ya think?)

10. "Sweet!" Anything he finds particularly awesome such as a brand new Mustang or pair of expensive athletic shoes.

11. "Whassup?" He said this WAAAAY before those Budwieser dudes.

12. "Nuttin' honey. Get it? It's a cereal." This is really a sort of inside joke with us. Not sure if anyone remembers the cereal probably 12 or 15 years ago called "Nut & Honey," but that is where this one comes from. Back then, there were commercials for the cereal with a "catch phrase" of "Nuttin' Honey." The wife or husband would say, "What are you eating?" and the spouse would say, "Nuttin, Honey." Hilarity would ensue. So, one time either the commercial was on or I said, "Nuttin honey." He said something goofy like, "Hey! I get it...Nuttin honey. Nut & Honey." So now, and for the past...forever...we'll say, "Whatcha doin?" "Nuttin honey. Get it? It's a cereal." Um. You had to be there.

13. "I'm going to the store/Wal-mart." At LEAST once a day. Especially since the new Wal-mart opened near us.

I have to add a 14th, just this once. For the past week, this one has been uttered at least 500 times.

14. "Guess what I'm doing this weekend?" variation: "Did I tell you what I'm doing this weekend?" To which we reply, "I don't know. What?/No." See, he's an NSA umpire. This weekend, he finally gets to umpire the "Big Boys." The pros. Everyone say, "Congratulations, Bubba."

Now, this list is not all-inclusive. This is by no means EVERY phrase he over uses. But you get the idea.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



posted by Angie @ 11:36 AM  
13 Comments:
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Geggie said…

    I think Bubba sounds like a hoot, and I'd love to hand out and drink beers with you!

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Torlet? Too funny. Jesses fave is "well thats life in a rock and roll band" meaning "Oh well, thats the way it goes."
    drives me crazy. At least Bubba can cook! My TT is up. Oh btw, 8.2 lbs in 3 weeks! I'm so excited.

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    LMAO those are hilarious. Especially Torlet..lol He sounds like a riot.

    Congrats are most definately an order... Man that is awesome.

    Tell him ATTA BOY!!!!...lol

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No comment.

    Only because I say MANY of those things, too. ;)

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Tina@ SendChocolateNow said…

    Bubba is an absolute character, Angie. I love that you let us all in on those.

    Thanks for sharing. This is my favorite type of list...slice of life, personal stuff.

    My T13 is up, too. Not as interesting as yours, though.

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    Congratulations to Bubba on goin' pro.

    ;)
    I'm SO not the 'get it over with' type...I try to figure out how long I can go before I actually HAVE to hit the store...

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Why, when I read this, did I immediately think of "Larry the Cable Guy"?? lol. Too darn funny!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Linbow said…

    This blog held my attention! Very nice, keep writing. Roya

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Pikkel Weezel said…

    It was me.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    Yes, it's the little things. . .

    Thanks for visiting my TT.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh, I hear some of those too

    great list

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Fun list! These aren't ones I get to hear often.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger WendyWings said…

    I would probably have a hard time understanding him LOL
    Great list. Happy Thursday.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives