Saturday, June 10, 2006
Disaster area, Windfall, Cars and GGW
First, what does it say about me when, after a full day's worth of cleaning my two youngest kids' room, my whole entire body hurts?? Um, could it be that I am SEVERELY out of shape and OLD?? Yes, that's what I thought. My lord, you should have seen their room! It was completely out of control. They have way too many toys. HAD way too many toys. We got it pared down a bit so it is managable now at least. I was going to take a photo, but a)the batteries are dead in my digital and b)I'm way too embarrassed to post a photo here. The room is nice and neat and organized now. 24 hours. I give it 24 hours before it is trashed again.





Who watched the new show, Windfall, on NBC Thursday?I'd heard a little about it and Bubba was looking forward to seeing it (though he was asleep before it came on) so I thought I would give it a try. I really really like it! I logged off the computer and everything just to watch it. That is saying a lot for me. :) I'm liking the cast and the characters. Storyline, too. This could be one of my new favorites. I just hope NBC keeps it around. Luke Perry of 90210 fame is on the show looking cute as ever, though I never really was in to him before. Jason Gedrick plays a shady guy who lies a lot. (or so it seems already.) Most of the rest of the cast I have never seen before, but I like them. I won't go into a ton of detail here about it, but if you watched it, too, let me know and we'll discuss.

Last night me and the kids and my son-in-law daughter's boyfriend, went to see Cars at the movies. Opening day and everything! First...19 fricken dollars for 3 people is just CRAZY!! Guard Girl paid for her own ticket. I know, I am a bad mother. Anyway, I highly recommend the movie to anyone who asks. Or doesn't ask. It is very cute, has lots of funny moments and some touching moments, too. Of course there are the handful of things that only the adults will get. Larry the Cable Guy as "Mater" pretty much steals the show. Oh, and if and when you see it, be on the look out for the "flies." Very cute. I think it was a touch on the long side because my kids were asking when it would be over with about 20 minutes to go. Otherwise, another hit for the Pixar people.

This past week, the Girls Gone Wild bus came to my town. They had some thing at a local bar. Big deal, right? It's not really a big deal I suppose, though I think it is stupid. However, our newspaper dedicated 2 days of front page stories and then a third day with a big 3 page spread on it. Huh? I mean, COME ON! Front page news? Give me a break! Look, I KNOW I am old and prudish and fat, but still. I used to be kinda hot, but even then, I wouldn't have been stupid enough to do that stuff. You should have heard some of the quotes from the girls who attended and planned to bare it all for the cameras. Click HERE and see for yourself. Why am I telling you this? I don't know. It was just something that ticked me off this week. I'm not the type to cry "They're objectifying women!" Surely, they are, however, those women are stupid enough to do it to themselves. Bubba has laughed at me all week because this got me all riled up. Must've been 'cause Aunt Bitch was here.

Why is everyone a blog critic now? Who made you (ok, not YOU, but those people I am talking about) the God of all Blogs? Just click away if you hate me or her or him...go back to writing your perfect blog. The rest of us can stand in awe of your blog creations.

One last thing. I hate...HATE when a pregnant belly is called a "bump."

Ok, the end.
posted by Angie @ 9:29 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our 4-year-old went crazy for the last 15 minutes, too. While we watched the credits and the teeny bit after the credits, she was a baaad girl who ran up and down our row.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate the "bump" too! It's a BABY...not a zit!

    Oh, Luke...how I love thee. The man never seems to age. I'll have to check out this show. I miss 90210!

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hey Ang,, I hate cleaning out things,, I don't mind cleaning like dusting and vacuuming,, but I hate having to organize things and getting rid of things. Makes me feel like I am wasting money.

    Didn't get to see the new show,, but even from the commercials I though Jason G's character was gonna be not so nice.

    Have to go,, am sick,, it's either allergies or a cold,, hoping it's just allergies.

    Byeee!

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    lol I have never heard of a " bump" ... I am so out of the "cool zone" I guess..

    And dangit.. I was wanting to see Cars so bad when it released.. I was thinking it was coming out on the 19th for some stupid reason.. I am now waiting for The Lake House and Click to release... I am soooo going to both.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So Angie, how do you really feel? :-)

    Dropped by from All Blog Stars to say Hi. I have no intention of seeing Cars. I don't do Nascar, even in cartoon format. Just not my thing. All I can see is the waste of gas and all the carbon dioxide screwing up the ozone layer. I'm so literal.

    Bump is what pregnant bellies are called in the UK. You're never gonna change that, so you'll have to accept it, even though I agree, it is stupid.

    Blog critics.... they're mostly assholes with nothing better to do than make fun of other people because they are such sad folks themselves. Ignore them.

    Saw the second Windfall show. The cast is too pretty for me. How come nobody ugly was in on the winnings? It looks to be an OK summer replacement show, but I don't think it's gonna be around in the fall.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives