Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Getting to know you me...getting to know all about you me...
I know, Stormii, you tagged me for a photo meme..I haven't forgotten. I WILL get to it.

But first..here is a short little thing I am taking from The Median Sib who probably thinks I have forsaken her and her blog(s)..but I really haven't. I WILL get back to commenting everywhere one of these days. Anyway..here are 5 little things about me..

5 Get-To-Know-You Questions

1.What was your favorite game as a child? Hands down...CANDY LAND! Well, at least when I was a small child. As I got older, it was CLUE. I could kick all my friends' booties at CLUE! (no picture of Clue because I can't find a picture of the board game from the 70s.)

2. What's the best thing about being you? I hate these deep questions...the best thing about being me is having the kids that I have. I can't imagine me without them.


3. What's your favorite meal of the day and why? Supper because my hubby usually cooks it and he is a great cook! Also, because I eat very little at work all day so I am usually very hungry by the time I get home.


4. Would you rather be exceptionally smart or exceptionally good looking? My gut reaction is to say exceptionally good-looking. Can't help it. However, if I think about it a little, I would have to say exceptionally smart. But why can't I be BOTH?? :)

5. How would you describe your underwear drawer? Empty. Did you NOT read this post?? (by the way, if anyone talented enough wants to design my "panty martyr" mascot, feel free!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news...

I'm cheating on the mini-cheeseburgers with this... Heaven in a can right there. Yeah.

My phone rings at work today. I see on the ID that it is Bubba. I say hello and this is what I heard. "I read your blog. How do you know what the mini-cheeseburgers taste like??" No, "Hi, how are ya?"..no "Hi, honey." Nice. See, Bubba was out of town all weekend. The local CIP opened within the past couple of months and we have never been there. Yes, we are way too obsessed with food, shut up. I had to laugh because as I wrote the post last night, I KNEW he would see my post and wonder because I didn't tell him about those heavenly mini-cheesburgers. ANYWAY...he calls me back and says, why don't we go to "Cheeseburger In Paradise" after work? Oh why not? So the whole fam damily went. First, it looks really cool inside. The hostess and servers were all super nice. Lindsey our personal server was awesome and garnered a $10 tip from Bubba. (MIGHT have been because she was barely legal and blonde and cute. That or the fact that she took great care of us, we might never know.)
Ok, but..THE MUSIC WAS TOO FREAKING LOUD!!!!! Huh? Oh, my ears are still ringing. Yes, I am old. Shut it.
The food was scrumptious (I don't actually use the word scrumptious in real life--or should I say "IRL?" ;) inside joke only a few will get. Sorry.) We got the...wait for it..wait for it...MINI-CHEESEBURGERS as an appetizer. I am trying to see just how many times I can mention mini-cheeseburgers in one post. I swear I don't own stock in CIP or know Jimmy Buffett personally. Besides the mini-cheeseburgers other appetizer, Bubba ordered those onion ring string things..pretty good. I got the jerk chicken wrap for my main course. Kiddies got chicken fingers ficken chingers. Guard Girl got a bacon cheeseburger I think and Bubba got the burger of the day some cajun thing that ended up having peppers on it that were NOT declared in the description of said burger. So he sent it back and got a new bacon burger. The manager (at least I think it was the manager. I swear I was old enough to be his mother.)was nice and checked on us a hundred times after the burger fiasco which in fact wasn't a fiasco at all so I should really just shut up. Finally, we got the chocolate nachos for dessert. YUM to the M to the Y! Both chocolate and cinnamon chips with chocolate sauce drizzled over them and strawberries cut to look like tomatoes on top served with 3 scoops of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
Sorry you guys. I just described in detail my dinner out. I am truly pathetic. But on the bright side, this will be fodder for some people to make fun of and really, who doesn't LOVE to be made fun of?? I know I do. ;)

WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG FOR THE CLEANING OF THE BABY J PUKE THAT HE JUST SPEWED ON THE LIVING ROOM CARPET. LYSOL, STAT!!

After dinner, we went across the parking lot to DEB and found Guard Girl a dress for the Sweetheart Dance. Let me just say here and now...WHO said "You should go to Deb and Dots and see what kinds of dresses they have??" WHO said that BEFORE a certain teenager started shopping all over creation (read:down to Indy)for a dress? Who? WHO? ME, that's who! Does anyone (*cough*guard girl*cough*) listen to me? Nooooooo...but we found one and it's cute and looks really good on her. I'll post a photo tomorrow. There isn't one online.

Should I stop here? Is this already too long? I'm up too late and just in a rambling mood. Ok, I'll stop. Happy Tuesday, everyone!

One more thing...I totally missed "How I Met Your Mother" tonight and didn't DVR it either so if it was new I am so going to be ticked off. But right now? I'm not ticked off because I don't know if it was new. So nobody tell me if it was new so I won't get ticked off, kthnxbye Oh HELL no! I did NOT just say that..someone shoot me now!
posted by Angie @ 1:29 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Pink Pen said…

    No, it was a repeat... Ted and Marshall get into a sword fight over Lilly moving in with them, and then Lilly gets stabbed. I was hoping we'd get to find out what happens with Princess Buttercup. Maybe next week... :)
    I love that show.. barney rocks :)

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Crystie said…

    You are so funny! My family too, rates food experiences way up high on the "Have to in Life" meter. In fact most times, our whole day trips are actually planned around where ever we eat. seriously. We then go back home to our families and tease them "Guess where we ate?" "This, and this, and it was sooo good!!" Youre not going to believe it, but Sunday we went to Asheville, NC and there was a new Cheeseburger in Paradise and my hubby and I were like, "OMGah, have you ate there, wonder if its good? Oh we will have to try it sometime!!" We are truly pathetic. (But well fed!!)

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    i posted about the new black cherry vanilla coke... i cannot drink it... it is too vanilla-y for me....

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Ang! :-) I'm really enjoying "How I Met Your Mother" as well. Wendy directed me here today.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, yeah, forgot to mention. A new episode is scheduled for next week.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger WendyWings said…

    Wendy directed me over here to say, Black Cherry Vanilla Coke eww are you kidding me.
    ;)

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    hi there! I found you via a link at Wendy's. I LOVED Candyland as a small child. Then as an older kid my favorites were Clue and Battleship. I'm going to have to try the diet verson of the black cherry vanilla coke. If only Pepsi made it.. lol...

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    p.s. oh..and I blogrolled you today :-)

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So I check the website for said mini-cheeseburger place and find out there is one in my state,, hmm,, it's an hour away near this outlets store mall. Hmm, sounds like a plan to me!! Heehee will have to talk hubby into it,, but he likes shopping (strange for a guy I know) but as long as I tell him he can buy something and I won't moan about it, he's good to go.

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said…

    step away from the cheeseburgers . . . put your hands on your head

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives