Monday, November 28, 2005
A letter
Dear Lady in Menards parking lot,

I am truly sorry. Really I am. You were walking too fast. I didn't see you soon enough. I was already buckled into my seat and had shifted to reverse. You were already well into the store when I drove by the doors and I could no longer see you. I was going to tell you. I would have told you. But you were long gone. I would have told you that you had a 12" piece of toilet paper hanging from the top of your jeans over your butt. I hope some nice lady in Menards pulled you aside and whispered in your ear discreetly. I almost wept for you, dear lady, and your humiliation. After I tried so hard not to laugh. It WAS hard not to laugh. But, I want to thank you. Thank you for reminding me to check myself in the mirror and to do a hand swipe over my pants in the back EVERY SINGLE TIME.

An empathetic stranger

PS Be happy I didn't have my digital camera with me!
posted by Angie @ 12:20 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 1:13 AM, Blogger The Blogging Boss said…

    Oh, Angie,

    The times we do not have our digital camera with us. That would have been a great blog photo. I can picture it now.

    I bet no one told her, until she got home and her husband said "honey, get me a beer, I'm watch'in the game.

    Oblivious! Men like me. :)

    Great post

    Eric

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Quitter said…

    muahaha! I'm only guilty of having dryer sheets sticking out from my clothing!! :D

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Debra@Peaceabull said…

    Well, I really wish you would have parked your car to tell me before I walked in to Menards and made a fool of myself.


    Heh, just kidding. I would have died laughing if I'd have seen something like that.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Ken said…

    There but for the grace of God go I.

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a shame!

    (the fact that you didn't have a digital camera on you, not the fact that the woman had such an enormous piece of toilet paper shadowing her.)

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How come stuff like that always happens when when you don't have your camera? The poor lady but that's some funny stuff :)

    P.S. Happy belated birthday!

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    I was in a meeting last spring, and I kept smelling something that was AWFUL! At the break, the lady beside me stood up to walk out, and I saw that she had well-used toilet paper sticking out the top of her slacks! Just about the grossest thing I've ever seen! I couldn't make myself say anything to her because it was just too nasty!

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger WendyWings said…

    Now see if that had been me, I would have had my camera with me LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives